Movie Time Madness and other bits

Let me count the errors of my ways.  Because there must be a reason I'm being punished.  There has been so much defiling of the carpeting and what seems to be personal punishment in the last several days, I must have done something wrong.  Let's see...maybe it was the sin of pride.  I DID write that I felt like I was successful and had things under control.  Maybe the fact that I took a vacation and went away on a girls' weekend is coming back to haunt me.  Maybe I've simply gotten too relaxed and am now feeling the repercussions of not holding the reins so tightly.  If you've read my last few posts, you'll know that the dogs have been throwing up all over the house (ok, that might be a little melodramatic, Rags puked once and Rosko puked a couple times which is not unusual in our house - we seem to have a surplus of Giardia in our backyard) and although there are several areas of hardwood and tile flooring in our house, the dogs always manage to urp on the carpet.  Today...

  • Max spilled milk on the carpet
  • Rags pooped on the carpet even though it's been weeks since he's had an accident in the house
  • I turned off the air conditioning and opened the windows to let some fresh air in today since the temperature has gone down but there must be a little humidity in the air because I can now smell the carpet and it is ripe in here.  I am really sad and embarrassed.  I do not want to be the kind of person who keeps a smelly house.  Even if it is football season and I barely have time to do the dishes and the laundry, much less deep clean the rest of the house
  • I took all three kids to a movie in the theater.  I may be suffering from the sin of pride again but I will not admit that taking a 2 year old to a movie may have been a mistake because all 3 of the kids have been to movies at young ages and usually do quite well.  This time, Adam asked to go potty FOUR times throughout the movie and 15 minutes before it was scheduled to be over, lifted his more than half full cup of Hi-C towards his face to drink it and the lid came off.  Since he was sitting on my lap, he drenched the both of us in sticky, orange liquid.  I gasped loudly and he panicked and started to sob.  I had to take him out in the hallway and remove his shirt in order to calm him down.  We stood way over in the aisle for the remainder of the movie.  My heart did swell with love and gratitude when Max and Ryann quietly left their seats and came to us after the movie was over, and Ryann had my purse slung across her chest and bumping against the side of her knee as she walked.  At least I can count on the 4 and 5 year olds to help me out
We did have some silly, good 'ol family fun this morning.  Here's a snippet of a conversation between Max and Ryann after I'd reminded Adam that we do not go poopy in our undies.

Ryann: That's a bad boy Adam!
Max: He's not a bad boy; he's still working on it
Ryann: You're still working on being a boss!
Max: You're still working on being a sasser-pants!
Ryann: Just don't talk to me!
Max: Just stop talking!

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
lol.... what movie did you see? or miss... ? lol

Popular Posts