New book and some funny snippets of the day

I arrived home from work today to see an Amazon.com package on the front step - it could only mean one thing!! My pre-ordered copy of "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon had arrived!! This was one of my 30th birthday presents from my wonderful husband and kids. I've already read a few pages (while Max was in the tub).

This morning, Max finished using the bathroom and then informed me that he "shook it off" instead of wiping. He told me that since he "shook it off", he is now ready for Kindergarten.

Adam is the first of our children, at the tender age of 16.5 months, to show an interest in eating his food by picking it up with his mouth and not using his hands. Max and Ryann have done that sometimes to be silly, when they were much older (and by "much older" I mean at about 2.5 or 3). I don't mind Adam picking his food up with his mouth when he's in his high chair (he'll grow out of it soon) but it does gross me out a bit when he dumps something like crackers or Cheerios onto the floor and proceeds to hoover it up with his mouth because he inevitably gets a couple of Rosko furs along with his food...although...when he does eat off the floor like this, he looks totally cute because he pokes his bottom way up in the air while nabbing his food :)

Ryann leaned forward after I'd dried her off from her bath and sniffed my chest - right in the area where my neck meets my rib cage (do all kids do these bizarre things or just mine?). She then looked up and said seriously, "Mom, I sniffed you right here (and pointed), NOT right here (and gently patted my boobs) because THOSE are your privates."

Comments

Popular Posts