I like books

After many hours of sorting, organizing, and making tough decisions about what to let go and what to hold on to....we still have hundreds of books in the house.  But I like it that way.

Here we have one of the books I'm currently reading and two books awaiting repair.

This is the bookshelf that holds the remainder of the picture books we've kept.  We donated and/or are selling all of our "baby cardboard"-type books.

Fiction on the first three shelves.  Non-fiction/reference-type books on the bottom.

Once again - fiction on the top three shelves; non-fiction/reference on the bottom shelf.

Non-fiction on top; Yearbooks, a dictionary, and baby books on the second shelf

Chapter books meant for ages ranging from 6 to about preteen.

An entire bookshelf devoted to mostly fiction and some reference books, again geared toward ages ranging from 6 to approximately pre-teen.  I had a hard time parting with any of the books from my childhood.
See any you like?  Stu suggested when I loan books to people, I enforce a libraryesque check-out policy ;)  I did spend hours and hours alphabetizing all the fiction and non-fiction by author....

Comments

Patty said…
I have a hard time parting with childhood books too! I eventually will get them all organized. Your shelves look great!

Popular Posts