365+1 Photo catchup

Day 100! (4/8/12):
Easter egg huntin' in the backyard!  Buzz was a much better hunter this year than last.
 Day 101 (4/9/12):
Ryann and I both took sick days from school and work this day and laid on the couch in our jammies watching movies for most of the day.  Ryann wasn't too sick to make and then eat one of her candy necklaces from the bountiful baskets she got from the Easter bunny at our house, the Easter bunny at Grammie's house, AND the Easter bunny at Grandma Stu's house. We did go to urgent care later in the afternoon when Ryann complained that her plugged ear was really starting to hurt and in her defense, though she looks healthy above, she did have a raging ear infection.
Day 102 (4/10/12):
Yeah, about the bountiful baskets?  We had almost an entire Target bag full of empty eggs after all was said and done.
Day 103 (4/11/12):
We live in an awesome neighborhood.  It was a "new development" in the mid to late 50's.  Our house was built in 1959.  Ryann, Adam, and I were waiting at Ryann's bus stop when I looked down the street and noticed how perfectly lined up the trees in these front yards are.  I could just imagine the developers in 1958 drawing up plans for the about three different house-style choices and then drawing a dot in the front yard of each property for "One tree here"...at least that's how it happened in my mind.  And then those few extra trees that don't line up either cost extra or were added by the homeowner later.  Yep, that's how it all happened.
Day 104 (4/12/12):
A self-portrait of sorts.  Here is what I like about this photo: 1. I took it of my own neck. 2. I am wearing this cute necklace that I get compliments on and that I have owned since middle school (I'm not a hoarder but if I have something that still works and I use or might use pretty soon or might want to reference as a memory, I don't get rid of it...k, maybe I'm a little bit of a hoarder). 3. I've been going to the tanning bed a little lately and I think my skin has a nice, healthy tanned look to it. 4. I now have a shot of my throat before any turkey wattles started growing as I'm sure they will in the next 10-15 years or so.

Day 105 (4/13/12):
The only photo taken this day.  And I took it because as I was readying myself for work that day, Adam watched as I pulled my socks on.  He commented, "I wike dose socks, Mom!  Dey're wewy coowuw!"
Day 106 (4/14/12):
This day was Stu's birthday and I don't have a photo of him!  This stunning scene was across the street from Costco where, as part of my gift to my hubby, I dragged all three kids to do the Costco shopping while he was out golfing with buddies.  Ten points if you can find the bald eagle in the photo (I didn't have my telephoto lens with me; just my 50 mm)!  I don't know what the points will go towards - you can decide that for yourself.
Day 107 (4/15/12):
When my husband met me about 15 years ago, there's no way on earth he would consider eating a fish taco. I picked the recipe, he made these scrumptious delights, he ate them, and he liked 'em!  The kids just ate the fish and the tortilla...separately.
Day 108 (4/16/12):
I had a hard time choosing the photo for this day.  I got a couple of neat shots of the sun setting behind these puffy clouds but I decided on this shot because after I looked at it for a while, I forgot it was clouds. My imagination started to make it look like it might be cotton fluff or roiling waves and I thought that was neat.  Again, maybe that's just all in my head :)
Day 109 (4/17/12):
We're back to trying to get the two oldest's training wheels off their bikes.  Max is doing really well and I'm sure Ryann's training wheels will be off her bike by mid-summer.  Especially because Stu's schedule changed this year so the kids will be home with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays all summer.  That means they'll only get to go to daycare two days a week during the summer.  I have mixed feelings about that...
Day 110 (4/18/12):
I had to take Adam to be checked by his eye surgeon at the U of M this day.  I'll write a more lengthy post about that later but the short of it is that all is fine with his eyes.  I was sitting next to him in the waiting area and looked over and thought, "Geez, those suckers are thick and they sure magnify your eyes!  But at least you can SEE!"  Hallelujah :)

Day 111 (4/19/12):
Oh Max, oh my spastic, dramatic little dude.  He had a school program this night and a few of the kids were doing some sort of Scottish jig here.  They sang several songs and did a few dances representative of different countries around the world.  Max managed to kick his own fingers during this dance.  He made this face, crouched to the ground cradling his fingers, and then duck-walked backwards to the risers where he nursed his fingers for a second and then rejoined the dancing group and all was cool again.
Day 112 (4/20/12):
This is one of the sides of the building I work in.  This day also included a date night but when I took my camera out of my purse to snap a shot of The Hunger Games on the big screen, Stu became alarmed and told me he thought it might be illegal and asked me to hurry and put my camera away.  It's ok; I was a little disappointed in the movie anyway.  It wasn't as captivating as I'd hoped.  The book was much better.



Comments

Love the photos!

It is so fun to see what your family is up to. :)
Chris said…
Ok, here we go:

That is the most pleasant looking ear infected kid I've ever seen.

Those empty plastic eggs tell me there was a lot of candy consumed...

I love the neighborhood shot -- lots of different color (and very symmetrical)

You have a very lovely throat :)

I wike dose socks too

The bald eagle is 2/3 of the way up the tallest tree, 1/3 of the way in to the photograph, from the left. I'll apply those ten points towards getting you out to Utah for a vacation. :)

Fish taco = abomination.

I love the clouds -- I'm one of those people that still lays on his back and watches the clouds (shocking huh?)

My kids came to bike riding the same way they came to potty training -- they each moved at their own pace, and they each just got it one day.

I feel bad for little kids with glasses, but they're always pretty adorable too.

Way to catch that spastic, dramatic face. What are the kids in the background playing? Lutes?

So, what were you disappointed in with the Hunger Games movie? I really liked it -- but I had only read the books the week before...

Whew, that was a lot of pictures... :)

Popular Posts