Some Stuff

Max and Ryann went through biting phases as toddlers/preschoolers.  Adam was never much of a biter but is now going through a hitting phase.  When he gets frustrated, his gut reaction is to whap ya' one.  He'll either use his hand or whatever he's got in his hand at the moment and use that as a weapon.  He's also got one heck of an independent streak going.  He gets very upset if you try to help him wipe his bottom after going potty.  Unfortunately for me this weekend, Adam swore he'd finished thoroughly wiping his bottom and had the wadded up toilet paper in one hand to prove it.  I insisted that I needed to wipe one more time to make certain he was clean because I did not want to deal with a sore, itchy bottom later on.  I leaned over to wipe him and he whacked me....right in the forehead...with the used toilet paper!  I was so shocked, my jaw dropped and I hissed, "Adam!  Don't ever, ever hit mommy!"  Ew.

The day before Easter, Max nonchalantly stated, "For the record, I'm the best egg hunter in the family."

Ryann was peeved to learn that in fact, Max was the best egg hunter in the family.

 Max and Ryann are very competitive with each other.  Max is not always the best sport.

Sometimes Adam gets competitive but Easter morning, he just enjoyed running around the slightly misty, damp, cool-for-late-April backyard and trying his very best to find those colorful, candy-filled eggs!

Though Ryann was discouraged she wasn't the "winner" of the egg hunt, she was thrilled to participate.

All three kids even consented to pose for me after their hunting was over.  I thought it would be a cool shot to aim in the direction of the rising sun with the foggy air around but I'm not sure it turned out as neat as I thought it might.  I couldn't ask for cuter subjects though!
Stu and I were very, very proud of the kids when we returned home from church, after diligently hunting approximately 70 eggs....to find this....

Rosko had pulled down the kids Easter baskets while we were at church and systematically opened every plastic egg and ate 95% of their jelly beans and little chocolate eggs, wrappers and all.  No one shed a tear!  We reminded them that we were going to their Grammie's house and their Grandma Stu's house and we were likely to get more treats there and that the loss of candy was not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  They even helped us pick up all the plastic eggs and throw them away (since they'd all been licked by the dog).

We got a pretty decent family shot, courtesy of my mom, when we stopped at Grammie's house.

The last time I posted, I talked about how I'd reached a turning point in my life.  I'm proud to say that I have taken steps to take charge of my life.  I am trying to live with intention each day (and sometimes that intention is not to clean the kitchen floor because I'd rather lie on the couch and relax, or play outside with the kids).  I am drinking more water, taking fish oil pills and other medication when necessary, doing yoga (watching yoga videos at home) several times a week, taking a 20-30 minute walk (outside if possible) every day, I am reading a few books that were suggested to me.  I am feeling discomfort (sometimes a lot of discomfort) but pushing through and living positively anyway.  I am praying to ask for help and praying to express gratitude.  I am practicing self-love and trying to love others more unconditionally.  I saw a great doctor this week who I am feeling confident is also going to help me.  And at the end of this, this will just be another chapter in my life, duly noted, courageously survived, and completely behind me.  Though hopefully, my newly turned leaf will continue on.  I am liking who I am lately.  I feel powerful, courageous, loved, and loving.  No matter what my shortcomings are - I am a good person who is doing the best I can do, and that's all any of us can do.

Comments

Popular Posts