Saved up Snippets

Ryann had some firefighters visit her preschool this week.  They talked about fire safety (I'm not going to lie - I felt a little pride when the teacher said the firefighters told the kids to talk to their parents about identifying a safe "meeting" place outside the house for where the family will congregate if the house is aflame.  I felt pride because we already have a meeting place designated and all the kids know to gather at the mailbox).  They also let the kids walk through a fire engine.  When I picked her up from school, I asked her if she thought the visit was neat.  She exuberantly said it was cool so I asked her if she'd like to be a firefighter when she grew up.  She answered no so I asked her what she did want to be.  She responded in a condescending tone of voice, "I don't want to wo-ork!"  Well, then....I hope the little guy "P" she has a crush on grows up to make a lot of money to support her with.

We decided to take the kids out for dinner last night, spur of the moment.  We were sitting, playing with the little placemat games and crayons the restaurants give out and the kids were sucking down their chocolate milks and strawberry lemonades that had been brought prior to the meals.  Adam had nearly consumed his entire glass and suddenly let out a man-sized belch.  He started giggling and I chastised, "Adam!  That's not funny.  You say 'excuse me'!"  He asked quizzically, "It's not funny to buwp?"  "No", I responded, "it's rude".  "Well it's funny for me!", he laughed.  I had to hide my mouth behind my hands to stifle my giggling.  I could see Stu battling a smile too.

Max got a new little toy from his Grammie tonight and he spent nearly an hour setting up two little cars and a gate on a plastic platform and then shooting the gate and/or the cars with the little blaster-gun that came with the toy.  It is really a tiny toy.  The cars are about the size of a dime.  I don't know what it was about that toy but it held his attention like crazy.  He cracked me up when he called me over and asked me to watch because he was going to set up a "dramatic scene".

Speaking of "crack" - Adam marched into the living room the other day and announced, "I don't have a butt cwack."  Stu and I assured him he did have a butt crack.  He reiterated, "I do not have a butt cwack!  I have a penis but I do not have a butt cwack.....(he thought for a minute and then finished rather lamely)...I just have a butt."

Comments

Grammie Pammie said…
that is the most preciously adorable picture of my "babies"!!!!!!

Popular Posts