Arts and Crafts Corner

Here are a few of my favorite art projects Max and Ryann have completed in the past couple months:

I may have already posted this one before but I can't remember.  The butterfly's wings are Ryann's shoe prints - isn't that cute?!

This is a creation Ryann made at home.  She loves to draw flowers and practice writing her name.  You can see a girl in the center of the picture, holding an umbrella, and being struck by red lightning coming from the ominous clouds above.   What an imagination :)

Max brought this one home from school when they were working on perspective (I think that's what it's called) and I especially loved the little pine trees.

Ryann made this little pillow at preschool on "Pajama Day".  Is that a cute project or what?!  Her teachers are ever-so-creative!

I really love this large and colorful rainbow Ryann painted at preschool recently.

 Ok - this project that Max recently came home with is one of my all-time faves so far!  He had to come up with and draw a picture to represent each letter of the alphabet.  Stu and I were cracking each other up trying to decipher some of his artwork.  I sat down with Max tonight to get the real story on what each of these are....

A - apple
B - bee
C - siren (I explained to him that siren starts with an "s" and he was disappointed)
D - dungeon
E - egg
F - flower
G - jacket (again, he was disappointed to learn that jacket begins with "j" and not "g")
H - house
I - igloo
J - jar
K - kite
L - ladder
M - mountain
N - nest
O - oval
P - pipe
Q - quilt
R - rainbow
S - street
T - turtle
U - umbrella
V - violin (Adam looked at it and guessed it was a "strum")
W - watermelon
X - X-ray
Y - yo-yo
Z - no picture for Z - I asked why and he just said, I didn't draw anything for Z
In other news, it was Ryann's last day of skating lessons today.  She went from having to use the "helper" to even stay up to being quite a little skater.  She worked very hard even though a few lessons in, she realized she didn't really enjoy skating all that much, so Stu and I are very proud of her.

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
Wow Max did great the the alphabet drawings and great artwork by Ryan, what's the O word or name?

Popular Posts