Fridge Funnies and the Luckiest Lil Lady!

I've explained it before, but I'll explain it again for those of you who may not have heard it before.  I try to remember a few (because there are so many) of the funny and outrageous things my three kids get up to, by jotting notes on my fridge calendar.  I save them up until I have a few ready to blog about.  Here's a sampling of the last week or so:

Quote from Max: "It stays in, but at least the girls will like me!"  What was he talking about?  Why the pink stain I noticed on the sleeve of his shirt that morning.  I asked what it was and he told me that Stu had noticed it a couple days ago.  That it must be paint.  And that "It stays in...but at least the girls will like me!"  Apparently Max believes the color pink is a siren call to Kindergarten women.  And that maybe if he waves his pink-stained sleeve around, they'll all come flocking?

Max and Ryann were squabbling the other morning and when the piercing cries had ratcheted up to the notch that I couldn't take it anymore, I bellowed for them to come talk to me about what in tarnation was going on.  Max feverishly explained, "I am trying to make a fair and square deal with Ryann...."  I don't remember what the "fair and square deal" was specifically about - something about having a certain amount of My Little Pony toys or something.  Whatever it was, I'm sure that Max's idea of fair and square did not match with Ryann's perception of the same.

While I was bending over in the bathroom the other morning, combing through the cupboard looking for a brush, Stu walked past and nonchalantly slapped me a good one on the hinder-end (as we sometimes call it around here).  I sprang up and yelped, really loudly.  Ryann came running from her room yelling, "Where's the dog?!" with a scared look on her face.  She thought that Rosko had been injured.

On Friday night, Max's school held a really neat (really crowded, really hot) "Family Fun Night" with carnival games, food, bounce castles, a "dance", and "Jaguar Bucks".  Jaguar Bucks were the faux dollars you earned when you won carnival games.  One of the best parts, though, were the theme baskets each of the grades had made with donations from the parents.  You could purchase $1 raffle tickets to slip into the little decorated boxes in front of each of the baskets.  The baskets ranged from "The Money Tree Basket" - a mini-tree decorated in dollars, fives, and tens (worth over $200) to "The Movie Basket" to "The Everything Cupcake Basket" (remember that basket, we'll come back to it).  While Max, Ryann, and I attended Family Fun Night, Stu took Adam out for a special night.  We decided that Family Fun Night would not be quite so fun while chasing a two year old around.  It was a good choice because it was really crowded and there wasn't much geared for someone Adam's age.  Stu took Adam to the optometrist to get his new anti-reflective lenses placed in his glasses and while they waited the hour for this to be completed, he took Adam to a restaurant for dinner.  When I called Stu later that night to ask how they were doing, he put Adam on the phone.  I asked him where Daddy took him to eat dinner and he responded, "Wed Widing Hood".  It took me just a second to realize he meant "Red Robin" (yummmm).  He's so funny.

Now, back to the "Everything Cupcake Basket".....Stu and I were relaxing on the couch at about 9:00 after finally having gotten the overly tired, overly excited children to stay in their beds, when the phone rang.  I answered and heard Deanna's excited voice, with lots of people cheering in the background.  I exclaimed, "You're still there?!"  (Her kids attend the same school Max does so their family was at Family Fun Night, too).  Deanna yelled, "Ryann won a basket!  They just called her name!  She won the Everything Cupcakes basket and it's so big, it's actually two baskets!  Do you want us to bring them home for you?"  I could not believe it!  In her short five years of life, I have brought Ryann with me to two events where baskets were raffled off and lots of people at both events entered - adults and kids alike - and she has won a/the basket BOTH times.  Robb, Deanna, and three of their four kids dropped the baskets off at home.  Deanna and I chatted for a while and Robb took the three kids home to get ready for bed and then drove back and we ended up hanging out, chatting, swapping stories, and laughing for nearly two hours.  It was a really fun night.

The next morning, the kids were beside themselves with glee to learn they'd won one (two) of the baskets.  We opened them up and they were simply amazing.  A really special treat (seriously).  The baskets were filled with cupcake themed books (e.g., "Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes", "Babymouse: The Cupcake Tycoon", "100 Cupcake Recipes"), cupcake mixes, two child-sized aprons with fabric markers so they could be decorated, a cute cupcake stand, a Melissa and Doug cupcake play set with four wooden cupcakes with wooden frosting and wooden candles, an oven mit, and a plastic cupcake pan, two different kinds of adorable silicone cupcake baking cups, and on and on.  Saturday afternoon was cupcake baking time and it was a blast:


The adorable cupcake holder/stand















Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
I love the cupcake holders with feet! That's too cute! Did you take a picture of the basket itself?

Popular Posts