Ryann turns four

Our middle child (and baby girl) is growing up!  We celebrated her fourth birthday (which is actually today) this past Saturday.  We invited family members only.  Max had his first friend birthday party when he was five and we will stick with the same schedule for the next two coming down the pike.  My children's birthdays never fail to make me reminisce and wax nostalgic.  Here is a flip book of sorts of Ryann's first four years:

Ryann in my belly about 3 days before she was born (standing with my cousin's wife who would have her baby girl, Natalie, when Ryann turned 6 weeks old)
Ryann, about 3 days old (note the orange tinge to her skin, she was still recovering from jaundice)


Ryann's first birthday

Ryann before her second birthday party


Ryann at her third birthday party
Ryann's fourth birthday
Ryann got lots of presents from her adoring, spoiling family but she got a bike from Mom, Dad, Max, and Adam.  When she opened the bike (wrapped in a large garbage bag), she exclaimed, "A ROLLER-CYCLE!" and everyone burst out laughing.  She was very embarrassed but moved past it pretty quickly.

I took Ryann for her four year checkup this morning and she was 41.5 inches tall (90th percentile) and weighed 38.6 pounds (75th percentile).  My pediatrician verified that the "old wives' tale" that states doubling your child's height at the age of 2 will yield close to what their end height will be when they are finished growing, is actually pretty accurate.  Ryann was 35.5 inches tall when she was 2.  This means she will be around 5'11" when she is done growing.  I'm not flabbergasted by this because my mom is that tall and her sister, my aunt, is about that tall.  BUT, I am only 5'4.5" or so.  I may have to practically stand on tip toe one day to give my daughter a hug.  That will be bizarre!

Comments

She is the most beautiful girl, Sheri! What a sweetheart. :)
Nikki and Bryan said…
age 2 she kinda looks like Michelle from Full House. heh
Katie said…
First, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting - I always appreciate that!

They grow up too fast! Looks like your daughter had a great b-day! What a cute comment about her bike, I love, love what kids say! Too fun!

Popular Posts