Bestill my beating heart

I remember wondering, when I was pregnant with my second child, how I was ever going to have enough love for another baby. I was so madly in love with Max, I couldn't imagine feeling like that about another baby and I felt preemptively bad for the little snippet growing inside of me, that it wasn't going to get the same love that it's older brother got. Now that I have three little wonders, I know that it is absolutely possible for your heart and your love to grow exponentially. I am still moved to tears when my third baby does something I've already seen my older two do several times before. Because each new miracle that enters our life is their own amazing, individual, blessed self. It sounds like such a small accomplishment, but Adam spoke his first sentence today and both Stu and I swooned.

In the past two months, Adam's vocabulary has finally begun to explode. Prior to that, he spoke maybe 10 words tops. Now I would guess he says at least 50. But so far, it's only been single words or sometimes the same word repeated twice. Funny little thing that he is, he's the first of our three kids that has had this sweet quirk. When he wants a drink he requests, "Dwink-dwink". When he wants his favorite blue blankie he demands, "Blank-blank". When he spots a shoe near the front door he proclaims, "Boot-boot".

Today, I checked my Facebook page for updates from my family and friends. I love watching the videos that my cousins who live in Florida post of their babies. Max and Ryann love it almost as much as I do. I saw my cousin had posted a new video of his baby daughter laughing. I called Max and Ry over and we began to watch. Adam ran over and was trying to clamber up into my lap with the other two. Then he stopped struggling, peered up at me and asked, "Pease, see dat?" My heart melted and I glanced over at Stu whose heart was also obviously melting, based on the look on his face.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts