When Mom's away, the kids will....

...get naked? 

I happened to have both of the meetings for my two book clubs fall in the same week this month.  In fact, I was at book club both Monday and Tuesday night this week.  Last night, I returned at about 8:45 to find Stu snug on the couch, reading my Monday's book club book, "The Lost Symbol", now that he could get his hands on it.  I was surprised that he hadn't gotten much further in the book since the last time I'd seen him reading it.  I figured the kids must have been in their beds for about 45 minutes at that point.  I commented on his lack of progress and he glanced up and said, "Well, I've had some interruptions".  He explained that shortly before I'd arrived home, Max had emerged from his room and rushed to Stu announcing, "It's an emergency! Adam took off his jammies AND his diaper!"  Stu followed Max to the boy's room to find Adam sitting like a little buddha in the center of his crib with no clothes on.  To top it all off, after he'd removed all his clothes, he'd decided that would be the perfect time to go pee-pee.  So Stu had to change the crib sheets and get Adam dressed in diaper and pajamas again before he could resume reading.  I guess that's a pretty good excuse for the lack of progress.

Comments

Oh my gosh... life with kids, right?

Popular Posts