Lottery La-La Land

For some reason, I have been daydreaming all morning about what kind of life I would lead if I won the Powerball. (So I told Stu we'd better buy a ticket today; maybe it's a sign). While I was showering, I was planning out the first several things I would do. The kinds of things I'd like to do would require a huge Powerball payout. I'd have to win like $250,000,000. Here are the things I was thinking I'd do first:

1. Give each of my immediate family members (Mom, Dad, sister, Mother-in-Law, Brother-in-Law) $2,000,000 with the stipulation that it was the only money they would get so they'd better use it wisely.

2. Choose 2 charities to donate to.

3. Buy a bigger house, maybe on a lake, maybe with enough acreage to own a few horses and other assorted pets.

4. Hire a cleaning service to maintain said house.

5. Hire a chef who would plan and cook healthy, mostly organic meals. And sometimes cook unhealthy meals depending on how we feel that week.

6. Join a really fun gym with lots of options.

7. Quit work to stay at home with my kids.

8. Furnish and decorate said house.

9. Go shopping for tons of beautiful, fun, new clothes for the whole family.

10. Plan trips to visit places like Hawaii, Australia, Alaska, Scotland, Ireland, France, etc.

I shared some of these fantasies with Stu and my ever-practical husband shot most of them down. Why would we need a huge house? We should buy something fairly modest. And then buy a modest cabin on a lake. Why have a chef? We would get bored if everything was taken care of for us; we should at least cook our own food. Hrmph, what a Lottery La-La Land buzzkill.

What are your top 10 things you'd do if you won a huge Powerball jackpot?

Comments

Popular Posts