Saved up Snippets

My sister reminded me I hadn't blogged in a while and I remembered I had a couple of posts started and/or in mind so I may just post TWO in one day today!

Here's the first: "Saved up Snippets"

1. Lately, we've taken a suggestion from Max's Kindergarten class to pass around a little plastic heart and give compliments to the person holding the heart.  The first time (and every time ever since), when it was Adam's turn to give a compliment, he would tell the person, "I wuv you in the whow, wide, wewd" (translation: "I love you in the whole, wide, world")
2. The other day, Ryann got out of bed and sat on the couch next to me and asked, "What if you were pregnant and not married and worked is some sort of shop"?  Since it was so early in the morning, all I could think to say was, "Well that would be bad".
3. While we were on Christmas break together (Stu and I are lucky enough to both work for places where we have from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day off each year), we planned to take the kids to the Eagle's Nest (an indoor playground) with a friend and his sons.  I wanted to keep it a secret so that we wouldn't be asked 800 times when we were going so I told the kids we were preparing to go somewhere but I wasn't telling them where yet.  I was distractedly holding a conversation with the kids while pouring their cereal for breakfast and Ryann told me she'd slept really well.  I quickly answered, "Oh that's good.  So you're all rested up for the Eagle's Nest today then."  I immediately gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth.  The kids all felt so bad for me, they were practically scrambling over each other to make me feel better.  All I could hear was a mixture of gasps and "It's ok, mom!  We're still happy!  We'll act surprised!  We won't tell Dad!" and then Adam, "It's not yew fauwt!" (translation: It's not your fault).  I was practically snorting with laughter from the whole escapade.
4. One of Ryann's Christmas gifts this year was the game "Yahtzee Junior".  Adam mispronounces it with an "N" instead of a "Y" as the first letter.  This cracks Stu and I up.  And speaking of that gift, Ryann did the funniest thing when she opened it.  She'd been opening presents the evening of Christmas Eve and literally SHRIEKING at the top of her lungs with glee for every present she received.  She'd been getting things like scented (flavored?) Chapstick, purple shoes, and a pink, bunny blanket with "handles" so she could grab the sides and wrap herself in it.  When she opened the Yahtzee Junior, which happened to be Toy Story 3 themed, she got a puzzled and almost mad-looking expression on her face.  She said, "Um, I don't think this is for me".  My mom assured her it was.  She continued to look very puzzled and said, "But this is not a present for a girl".  We quickly moved on before she said something even more embarrassing :)
5. When Adam doesn't know the answer to a question, lately he asks, "Can you talk 'bout it?" which I think means - will you tell me the answer?

Comments

Popular Posts