Dr. Eeeeviiillll

Adam was in rare form today.  He tries really hard to be a good little boy.  He tells us several times a day, "I'm being a good boy!"  "I'm not saying sassy words!"  "I'm using polite manners!" but since he's only two, he can't control what his curious, active, inventive, persistent little body just has to do. 

Adam started out the morning by trying to horn in on Ryann's sink/water/Barbie playing time and soaked his shirtsleeves up to the elbows after I'd asked him not to play in the sink.

He's been seen around the house naked from the waist down several times today because he gets ready to go to the bathroom and then gets distracted and starts wandering around talking to people and playing.

Also several times today, he created a climbing tower by stacking two wooden "treasure" boxes on top of each other, on top of a bin.  He asserts this is because the fish in his room are hungry and he's trying to get to their food which is stored on a shelf in the boys' closet.  The first time he did this, I found him like this:

See the little canister of fish food up there?  He was close.

The second time he attempted the climbing tower, I was at a movie with my mom and Stu found him.

I'm not quite sure what he was talking about but while riding in the van today, Adam kept calling from the backseat, "What's this, Mom?" "Mom?!" "MOM?!" "WHAT'S THIS?!"  When I told him I couldn't look because I was driving, he was upset.  Some time later, the situation repeated.  I gently (because I really wanted to yell) responded, "I don't know, Adam"  He responded with, "Mom, say bad words to me!"

At dinner today, Adam sang the ABC song.  It went like this: "A B C D E F B H I J K L M M O B Q R X T U B W S Y and Z, now I know my ABC's next time won't I sing it wis' me" or something to that effect.  Then he called out, "Watch me do my ABC bootie dance!" and grooved his hips around in his booster seat.

Quite recently, I heard Adam rummaging around in his room.  I ran to see what was the matter and found him once again standing on the bin in his room and doing something with the tabletop humidifier we have on the bookshelf in the boys' room.  When I got closer, I realized he'd taken the salt shaker from the dinner table and had the top off the humidifier and was salting the water inside.

Neither of the other two kids were as adventurous and fearless as Adam is.  We never know what he's going to come up with next!

Comments

Popular Posts