A few things I hope my children learn

A picture representative of a Stewart child pondering the great things in life

First, I hope that in about 10 years my children learn:
  • To be kind
  • To take accountability for their own actions
  • The value of working hard
  • The worth of having loving, close family
  • The privilege of having loving, close friends
  • The importance of loving the Lord
  • To be accepting of other's differences
  • To listen to their instincts and avoid trouble
I hope for these things for my children in the next 10 months or so:
  • To be able to wipe their butts with no assistance
  • To be able to wipe their own butts such that there are not skid marks present in their undies at the end of the day and complaints that they feel "itchy" and like they have "crumb-bums" in their bottoms.
  • To learn the value of using a tissue rather than their finger 
  • The importance of depositing said boogs in the garbage rather than their mouths
  • To understand the importance of not sucking a thumb both for hygiene and their orthodontic health
  • To realize that if you are, for example, horsing around with the hose and spray a sibling and both of you laugh, it's not very fair to scream bloody murder and slap said sibling when they turn around and spray you back
  • To learn to enjoy a vegetable other than raw carrots and, although I'm not taking it for granted, baby spinach
  • To learn to truly enjoy a meat other than chicken that comes in the form of a nugget, finger, letter- or dinosaur-shape
I could go on  but you see where I'm coming from and going with this one...

Comments

Popular Posts