It's my blog and I will if I want to

So, I thought about not posting this since depending on who reads it, it could result in drama.  But I often use my blog as a form of self-therapy and I need to vent.  Since it's my blog, I'll blog what I want to.  But maybe, in the interest of not ruffling too many feathers, I'll leave out some of the gory details.

In this post I was excited to share that my cousin's wife and I had partnered to plan a benefit to raise money for my cousin's new baby, Riley (look through some of my recent posts to catch up on his whole story). Today, we were chastised by someone close to the family for planning a benefit that was not up to their standards.  We could have made the choice to continue on with our plan to have a pancake breakfast and silent auction but we were, in my opinion, basically bullied into canceling the benefit.  We were told that this person had a FAR superior plan to ours and they would take over from here.  The whole thing put such a bad taste in my mouth that (this is a horrible thing to say considering we set out to do this to help my beloved cousin-sister and her husband since they need to pay a $3,000 hospital bill and they have no savings) I am glad to wash my hands of it and let them take over and make their grandiose plans.  I just hope that the people who end up planning this benefit believe in full disclosure and honesty.  And that's all I'm going to say on that subject for now.

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
So be it... then you won't have to worry about any legalities that arise, and hopefully it won't cause more stress on Brittany and her family regarding where the money is truely going... there could be income taxes involved and more... better to not have yourself included in that. But that's ok more time at the FAIR! ;o)

Popular Posts