Hump Day Snippets

Today I got to visit Riley in the hospital and since he was not hooked up to any tubes and only one external wire, I got to hold him.  Although my arms and back were aching after holding him for about 10 minutes, I was loath to give him up and ended up holding him for about 20 minutes until a nurse arrived and said, "Well, I think it's almost time for this little guy to go home!"  I was so excited to be there for the announcement.  Riley just had to prove that he could keep his oxygen levels good while sitting in his carseat for an hour and he was free to go!  I had to leave the hospital before his hour was up but I texted Brittany for an update and she replied they were on their way home.  She is allowed to nurse Riley when they are home (doesn't have to bottle-feed to measure how much he's taking in) because a nurse will visit them at home three times a week and, presumably, weigh Riley to make sure he's gaining weight.  I'm so excited for them and at the same time, petrified.  How will they know if his heart is giving him trouble once a nurse is not coming to check on them three times a week?!  I guess it's all in God's hands now.

The day after Adam did such a great job at home going on the potty, he did terribly at daycare.  According to Stu, who did pick up that day, Deanna reported Adam wet his pants about 4 times in the morning and once his entire outfit - shorts and shirt - was soaked.  He came home looking like a goofball because he was wearing clothes that were about 4 sizes too big for him.  But today, with us, he's doing great again.  He had one wet pair of undies this morning but pooped in the potty and peed two other times.

I am signing both Max and Ryann up for Theater Club through Deanna's church the second week in August.  Ryann is terribly excited (no surprise to anyone, I'm sure) and Max, when asked if he wanted to try it, chewed his nails nervously and said he'd try it (I really think he's going to end up liking it).  The age restriction is 4 and older so Adam can't go this year.

Rags hasn't had an accident in the house for what must be going on 2-3 weeks now!  He is a really good boy.  He's not as perfect with the kids as Rosko is but what dog could be?  Rags loves to chew bones and snaps if the kids are too aggressive with him while he's chewing.  I'm working on training around that, though, so maybe he'll get over it.

Comments

So glad to hear that Riley is doing well! I wondered how things were. :)

Love the new header pic!

Popular Posts