Crazy few days

I'm very thankful that everyone in my little house is healthy and well. But, I am feeling like my small bubble of world around me has been rocked recently. I survived a huge layoff at work yesterday but two of my managers, who had been with the company for around 15 and 18 years respectively, were not so lucky. My mom is in serious financial trouble due to the field she's worked in for 25 years and the state of the country's economy and it's scary and sad for me to watch her life change. My cousin, who is 24 weeks pregnant, has been having dizzy spells and while being monitored, the baby's heart rate plummeted a few times. My good friend's young dog (5 years old) passed away from throat cancer yesterday. I just learned that someone I've known since I was born but did not stay in close contact with after high school committed suicide last week. I miss and worry about my sister, who lives 7 hours away. Max has been "off" the last few days and I don't know if he's reacting to my state of mind or if I am less patient with his behavior due to my state of mind or what. Whatever it is, it's driving me crazy. He's very quick to have temper tantrums full of tears, stomping, flinging, and throwing. Stu and I had planned a mini stay-cation for our family this Wednesday (today) through Sunday and I am trying very hard to give all these small worries up to God so that we can have a nice time. So far, the vibes in our house have not been all that happy-go-lucky.

Comments

Jenna said…
Oh my. its hard to stay sane when it feels like your world is going crazy around you! is everything with Brittany ok?
Nikki and Bryan said…
what are you worried about me for? And is Brittany doing ok? I hadn't heard about that....

Popular Posts