New Moon

I decided this morning that I will henceforth refuse to refer to myself as a "geek", "dork" or any other derogatory term simply because I took a half day off of work today to meet some girlfriends (all in their early 30's to early 40's and most of them moms like me) for breakfast and then see the movie "New Moon" together at 10:00 am. Just because the book is geared towards teenage girls does not mean that I can't glean some enjoyment from it. When I look in the mirror in the morning, I do not see a 30 year old face looking back at me (ok, this is AFTER I put makeup on). Whether this is because I have good genes and I truly don't look my age yet or if this is the same for everyone - that we all have our youthful past held tight to us, just under our skin, so that we continue to view ourselves as younger than we really are for some time, I don't know. At any rate, I am proud to admit that I LOVED the Twilight series. I tore through all four books in approximately 8 days. As with any movie based on a book, I'm willing to be that "New Moon" the movie will not be quite as enjoyable as "New Moon" the book (just as "Twilight" the movie was not as good as "Twilight" the book); however, I have to hand it to Hollywood - they know how to find beautiful people for eye candy. And finally - what's not to love - on a beautiful, warm (for Minnesota) Friday morning, I will be eating at a restaurant with friends and then watching a fun movie, rather than sitting, slumped and beaten down, in a gray cubicle.

Comments

Popular Posts