COVID-19 Journaling Day 1

What an absolutely unprecedented time we are living in.  Boston Scientific has asked anyone who can work from home full time to do so.  The schools in MN have all been cancelled for two weeks so Stu and the kids are home together.  Yesterday was technically their last day of spring break so today was technically the first day of no school due to THE CORONAVIRUS.  One of the things we've instituted to a. try to keep the kids busy and b. try to have some normalcy and c. try to be educational and d. try to deal with some of the emotions they must have swirling around in their developing brains is to journal each day.  I told Stu he and I should journal, too.  I think it will be a fascinating way to remember this crazy time in our lives.

Today's journaling prompts:

1. The verse from the YouVersion Bible app today was "You will search for me, and when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:13

What does this scripture mean for you today and in your life?

There are many, many people with suddenly a lot more time on their hands than usual since so many businesses and activities are shutting down.  People probably have varying feelings about this and some of them may either choose to spend time with God or they may be crying out to God during this time.  I am choosing to embrace this time to try to be still and read more and pray more and lean in more.  In a way I am searching for God all the time but even more right now.  I love that God promises that when we search for Him with all our heart, we will find him.

2. What animal would you be and why?

Normally I would choose to be a dog because their life seems so fun and easy.  They are always happy and get to lay around and rest a lot of the day.  But right now, I would choose to be a bird.  I would love to be out in the fresh air, to be able to fly around and perch in whatever tree I chose.  I would make fluffy nests for if it was chilly and I would spend as much time in the sun as I could.

Adam's journal entry:

This scripture means that if I try with half my strength to find something  I won't find it, but if I use all my strength, all my mind, all my soul, all my heart, Etc. I will find what I am looking for, so if I put all my mind, strength and soul into finding a extraordinary relationship with God I will find one.


I would be an eagle because eagles can fly where they choose when they choose, but also because eagles are way cooler than all other birds.

Stu's journal entry:

Animal only - Eagle, flying seems cool and they are protected from hunters.

Ryann and Max journaled but did not want it made publicly available ;)




Comments

Popular Posts