I'm a GOOD MOM Monday

I worried I was a terrible mom as I got in the van on Friday morning and started to drive down the gray, rainy freeway.  I was so worried about it, I felt physically ill and thought about turning back.  I was starting out on a 7 hour drive to my sister's in Quincy, IL and I was sure that either the kids and/or the foster dog would never survive the weekend without me or I would meet an untimely death and leave the children motherless. 

Instead, I had a nice, relaxing (yet busy) weekend with my sister and brother-in-law and the kids learned some resilience because although they did miss me and called me several times to tell me so - Stu said the kids were VERY well behaved and that it was a great weekend.

Go me!

I got home Sunday afternoon and my mom radar started beeping when I saw Buzzy.  He'd had a cold for about 10 days at that point but seemed worse than when I'd left on Friday.  I made the decision to take him to urgent care, even though he was not complaining, just coughing and looking bleary-eyed.  My mom-sense was correct - he had a 103 degree fever and a double ear infection.  Three doses of amoxicillin later and Buzz's fever has broken and he's feeling much better!

Yay me!

Comments

Popular Posts