I'm a GOOD MOM Monday!

I can't remember if I had this idea and tried it already or if I had the idea but never actually blogged about it.  If I'm repeating myself, I apologize.

There once was a popular blog (which is no more) and the author of that blog used to host a carnival?  Meme?  I have no idea what those terms mean exactly but I think it's close to what I'm thinking of.  The name of the blog party was "Not Me Monday".  It was a chance for moms to admit their imperfections and have a polite laugh at one another.  I participated a couple times.  It was fun and funny and drove some traffic to my blog.  But I've been thinking in the past couple months about how hard I am on myself.  And I see my mom friends and coworkers who are also hard on themselves and I thought maybe a positive blog circus (or whatever it's called) is called for. 

I hereby begin "I'm a GOOD MOM Monday!"  We'll see if it lasts any longer than one Monday since I've been pretty absent from the blogosphere for some time.  But I'll do my best.

I'm a GOOD MOM Monday is a chance for all of us moms who know we're not perfect (this means every mom on the earth) to tout something great and motherly we've done recently.

I'll start:

Today I rescheduled a personal doctor's appointment so that the boys would not be a few minutes late to their swim class.  Also, when one of the kids was having a grand mal meltdown, I stayed very calm and helped said child to bed and ended the night with our normal ritual and "I love you".

Please leave a comment and celebrate with me the good, positive, sometimes small but probably significant thing(s) you've done as a GREAT MOM!  And after you're done patting yourself on the back, put your feet up and have a cocktail or some tea or whatever floats your boat.  You deserve it (you know you do).

Comments

Abby said…
I also stayed calm as my child did not put away thier items after being asked 5+ times to put it away. It ended well for all.
Sheri said…
Nice! Do you ever get that feeling like steam is coming out of your ears and yet this calm voice is coming out of your head? It's a miracle that happens to me sometimes...
Grammie Pammie said…
I went with my daughter to a sort of scary side of town to make sure she wouldn't be attacked by strangers on my day off from work. It was lots of fun and made me glad I was a "mom" so I could be the one she asked to go with her! :-)

Popular Posts