The Great MN Get Together!

Max remarked a few days prior to our scheduled trip to the Fair, "This time of year [State Fair time] is my second favorite after Christmas!!" 

I remember looooving the State Fair, too.  I remember going in the animal barns and wishing I could live on a farm.  Then, I remember my cousin asking me if I went in the barn with "odd" animals and swearing that she saw goats with legs growing out of their backs and stuff.  After hearing that, I was determined to see an oddity myself so as a young teenager, I paid money to see the grotesque "Snake Woman".  I was very disappointed that it was clearly a dumb illusion and not a real Snake Woman at all.

When we've taken the kids to the Fair for the past seven years, we steer clear of oddities and go for things like the Butterfly House and the Kidway and of course - FAIR FOOD!

Ryann really, REALLY enjoys fast rides
Adam got into the fast ride, too
The kiddie bumper boats have been a perennial favorite for several years now

We let the kids wait to eat breakfast at the Fair and the first things they ate...cheese curds, pizza, and pronto pups!

Mmmmm, cheese curds for breakfast
Cheese pizza is also a nummy breakfast treat
We had a lot of firsts this year.  This year (MY first time ever!), we rode the Space Needle with Stu's mom and grandma.  I got some neat photos of the Fair from so high up:




We came across a strong man hammer-banging-thing-a-ma-jig and even though I thought Max wouldn't even be able to pick up the mallet, he really, really wanted to try it.  So we let him.  He did ok...and got a can coozie (ha!).



It was a hot day and I'd read about the Mr. Bubbles foam pit on Facebook so when the kids started complaining of being too hot, we searched it out.  Oh!  I almost forgot to note that this was the first year in the last eight that we've been able to go to the Fair without a STROLLER!!  It was awesome.  Adam never complained or asked to be picked up.  Anyhow, back to Mr. Bubbles.  The foam pit was a huge hit!







 As we were exiting the Fair, I noted that lots of people were wearing the same style backpack Stu is sporting below.  He's been using this backpack as a diaper bag/carry all for the last several years so when I remarked that lots of people had them, Stu boasted, "Yep, I'm a trend-setter.  This is the fanny pack of the new millenium!"  Maybe you had to be there but it really cracked me up. Fanny-pack of the new millenium, hee hee!!
Only 351 days or so until the start of next Fair season!!



Comments

Popular Posts