More photo evidence of fun had, summer-style!

The kids, Stu, and I joined my sister Marie, her husband, Tim, and our niece, Evelyn at the MN Zoo.  Not sure why they have the Grinch/Christmas display up right now...

The fish tanks are some of the coolest displays at the Zoo

My sweet niece, E!

Joy and joy!!

The kids, Stu, and I went to my friend Bri's house to swim in their pool last weekend....was that just last weekend?!  Why do the summers have to go so fast?

Avery and Ryann chose the same swimsuits from Target Boutique (my dad would pronounce that "Tar-jhay Boo-ti-que") this year :)

Bri's youngest, Emerson.  Cutest hammy smile for the camera, or what?

Could my boys' eyes be more different in hue?!

Stu and I won a two-night stay in this one-bedroom suite at Superior Shores resort just north of Two Harbors, MN on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  Here was the gorgeous view from our deck (we had a little electric grill on the deck, a full kitchen, a king size bed in the private bedroom containing an enormous whirlpool tub, a big, beautiful bathroom....sigh...)

Landscape view from our deck

Fillin' up the tub for a soak


The living room had a flat screen TV and a gas fireplace!

And then....wouldn't you know it....Grammie was house/babysitting and called us on Saturday morning (we'd just arrived Friday afternoon) to let us know that for the first time in 9.5 years of living in our house, the basement had gotten wet after torrential downpours all day and night.  We quickly snapped this picture (I didn't even dry my hair after my quick shower) before we drove back home to clean up the basement.   Again...sigh....

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
The smiling picture of Evelyn is so cute! Looks like you had fun! Sorry your trip was cut short.

Popular Posts