Some updates

So the general chaos and mayhem of the Stewart family has continued.  Let's see, we'll go in chronological order and begin with Stu's calamity at work last week.  He was walking under a piece of equipment used to measure jump height and a student released a piece of the equipment, causing a metal bar to come crashing down on his head.  Stu did not need stitches but there was a little blood and a big headache afterward:

The kids and I found it interesting that Daddy's wound was shaped like a question mark

Next, it was time for Adam to take off his eye patch (really a shield) and let his little eye show forth.  We are certainly making big strides by taking the oral steroids as you can tell in the before and after here:

On the left is poor Adam with his eye having the "inflammatory response" and his forehead pocked with some sort of allergic reaction.  On the right is Adam with his beautiful, non-red, non-swollen, but still dilated right eye (and no more allergic reaction on the forehead).

Adam is being a HUGE champ about wearing the (real) patch on his left eye to combat the amblyopia he's developed in his right eye.  Max and Ryann even showed their solidarity for a few minutes this morning (and then promptly asked to take the patches off because they hated the feel of them; I asked them to please consider that next time they complained that they wanted to be "sick" like Adam so they could eat jelly beans and get cards and small toys from family and friends).


I finally took the plunge and purchased a digital SLR camera!  I've loved the nice point and shoots I've used over the past 10+ years but as I described my new camera to my dad today - it was time to get a big girl camera.  Considering I take an average of 1800 or so photos a year, Stu and I agreed that the money on the "good" camera was well worth it.  Here are a couple of my favorite shots so far....and I've only taken probably 30 pictures or so so far:

Today was Max's last day of hockey for the 2010/2011 season.  He played in a "tournament" which consisted of some drills and a game (in which he scored and was announced over the loudspeaker!) and then the receipt of a t-shirt.  Here he is, proudly displaying his shirt:
I edited this photo at picnik.com; love that website!

Comments

Love the updates! But ouch on your Stu's head wound!

I am also very excited that you got a DSLR camera. Woo hoo!!

Popular Posts