Lighten up

Feels like the blog could use some lightening up, so here are a few funny/cute stories/pictures of late:

I took all three kids to the dentist this Wednesday.  Their dentist's office is right next door to St. John's Hospital and when we pulled into the parking lot, Max read the sign on the hospital building and called out, "St. John's Hospital!"  I responded, "Yeah, that's where you and Adam were born."  Ryann asked plaintively, "Where was I born?"  I explained that I'd called St. John's to let them know I was in labor but they told me they were full and I needed to go to St. Joseph's instead.  Ryann giggled and asked if Daddy drove.  I said, "Oh yes, Daddy had to drive."  Max asked, "Was that because your belly was so big, it would have honked the horn the whole way there?"

Adam was coloring with markers last night and the markers and caps kept rolling off the table and onto the floor.  Adam kept hefting himself up and down the chair, picking up the fallen markers.  Finally, after about 5 trips up and down, he heaved a heavy sigh and pronounced, "The mawkers keep fawing on da fwo.  I'm so fwustwated!"

Deanna's daughter, Olyvia, had her tonsils and adenoids out this Tuesday and when I was prepping the kids for our return to daycare on Thursday, I suggested that Olyvia would enjoy playing quiet games with them while her very painful throat healed.  I thought it was so sweet that Max immediately decided he would bring his chess/checker board and would also play "Spoons" with and teach Olyvia to play "Solitaire".  I'd just taught him how to play those two games a couple days ago.

Tonight I lost my temper for a moment and snapped at Stu.  Adam admonished me, "Mommy, I don' wike it when you yeuw (yell with a "w" at the end instead of the "l" sound) at Daddy!"

I loved this piece of abstract art Max brought home from school today!  It's his self-portrait:

I also loved this art project Ryann completed in preschool on Wednesday, Pajama Day:

It's a little pillow!  Isn't it cute?!

One week until Adam's first surgery...

Comments

Grammie Pammie said…
So that is how Max sees himself in his head?! Wow - that is truly amazing and a little bizarre! hahaha - I would frame that if I were you, it is actually quite artistic....

Popular Posts