Stewart Sillies and It Comes In Threes...

Deanna shared with me the other day that Adam caught her licking an envelope she was preparing to put in the mail.  He scrunched up his face in disgust and asked, "Deanna, why are you eating that paper?!"

One night at the dinner table, recently, I asked the kids if any of them could wiggle their ears.  Neither Stu nor I can, I think I was trying to distract them all from some undesirable table behavior.  Adam immediately shouted, "I can!" and shook his entire head back and forth.  Now, tonight at the dinner table, Adam said, "Watch me wiggle my ears like a bunny!" and shook his head back and forth.  Oh that kids cracks me up.  Speaking of that kid, we've had to take books-in-bed privilege away again due to several destroyed books.  I don't know what he's got against a nice book.

Other destruction occurred around the homefront today.  It's our first vacation day after the hubbub of Christmas.  Since disaster is said to come in threes, Stu and I are wondering what else may go wrong after Max and Ryann were playing in the deep, deep snow and (owing to the deep, deep snow) thought it would be fun to crawl on top of the mailboxes (we share a mailbox post with three of our neighbors).  The kids came to the door and breathlessly admitted that they'd broken our mailbox.  I looked out the window to see our box dangling there.  Stu's currently fixing the mailbox in the workshop down here in our basement.  Next, Ryann and Adam were playing while Max was at hockey practice.  They thought it would be a fun game to have one person stand on a kitchen chair and hold one end of a yo-yo while someone sat on the kitchen floor, facing said chair and pulling on the other end of the yo-yo.  This resulted in one toppled toddler+chair on top of one preschooler.  I was so worried about the kids (who were just fine by the way, just a little shooken up) that I didn't realize until Ryann pointed it out to all of us later, that one of the back rungs of the chair had busted clean in half.  Stu will likely tackle that gluing project tomorrow.  So you see why Stu and I were trying to calm the kids down and make sure everyone was being extra careful this evening.  We were hoping to avoid whatever the third calamity was going to be.

Comments

Sheri said…
I realized after posting this that things really HAD come in threes that day. I'd forgotten that earlier that morning, Rosko had eaten our entire variety tray of Christmas cookies that Stu's mom had baked for us. SAD!

Popular Posts