Stored up Snippets

I have lots of funnies jotted down on the fridge calendar!  You may as well start holding your bellies with glee right now!

Ryann:  "Mom, who are your Mommy and Daddy?"
Me: "Grammie and Grandpa Tom"
Ryann: "Oh, that's cool!  We know them!"

Max made up a song the other day (like Ryann used to do) and it went like this: "Autograph! Autograph! Can I get your signature?!" (over and over and over, at very loud volume)

I was prepping Adam for Halloween the other day and explained to him that we will dress up in costumes and go door to door, knocking and calling, "Trick or treat!" and then the neighbors will give us candy.  Then I quizzed him, "What do we say after we knock on the door?"  He answered, "Let's go in!"

Ryann got her hair cut (just a little trim) this week.  The day before, I asked her how much of her hair she'd like to get cut off.  She said she thought she'd like to get it cut shorter.  I said with a dismayed tone of voice that I really loved her long hair.  She explained that if she didn't get it cut, pretty soon it would be down to her butt.  I said I thought that would be neat.  Ryann tsked and said, "Oh no, I don't want to be that pretty."

Deanna shared a couple of highly hilarious moments from this week.  One day, she heard Adam telling nearly two-year-old Willie, "Don't touch my tessacles, Willie!"  Deanna hussled over to see why someone's "tessacles" were being touched.  She saw Willie grabbing Adam's ankle.  She asked Adam to repeat what he'd just said and he said, "Willie touch my tessacles!"  She asked where and pointed to his ankle.  Disgusted with her slowness Adam said, "Not mine nankle!  My tessacle!"  She kept pointing to various spots and finally when she pointed at his prominent little ankle bone, Adam confirmed, "Yes!  My tessacle!"  We decided he apparently believes any protuberance from his body is a testicle.

Adam again - while in the cart at Sam's Club with Deanna, she reported he launched into, "Kumbaya my butt, kumbaya!"  Told you - bathroom humor oh so appropriate and hilarious at all times.

And some housekeeping business - the Plunkett's pest control gal found three mice during her weekly check this week, two in the garage and one in the basement.  She will be back next Monday to check for more.  Since the Stewart family can never just suffer one bad turn at a time, we are suddenly experiencing an issue with our sewer backing up through the laundry room drain into the basement (pew!) and the automatic sliding door in the minivan broke yesterday (the last time this door broke, we fixed it to the tune of $1100 - this time I locked it shut).  Ryann decided to sign up for the next session of gymnastics, Rags graduated from beginner obedience and I'll likely sign him up for Beginner II, Max starts hockey next week, and we had the carpets cleaned this week!  Gone is the yucky Rags-puke smell :)

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
The drama and entertainment never ends! hehe

Popular Posts