End of September Snippets

More proof that young children are mentally deranged - this morning, Adam asked to eat a waffle.  We don't have time on workday mornings for a sit down breakfast so I lightly toasted a frozen waffle and gave it to Adam to snack on while he got dressed and watched TV.  Max didn't have time to grab a quick snack at all and was complaining that he was STARVING as he was getting his shoes on to walk out the door.  I grabbed him a breakfast bar and said here ya go.  Adam yelled, "I wanna bar!" (with his mouth stuffed full of the last bit of waffle) and I told him they were all gone and, anyway, he'd chosen to have a waffle.  He spit the huge wad of half-chewed waffle out into his hands and exclaimed, "I don't WIKE waffles!"  Yes, right, sure you don't, you ate the entire thing in about 60 seconds flat.

I thought of some Snippets that have occurred over the past year or so that I don't think I've documented and that I don't want to forget.

When Ryann was, if I remember correctly, just 3 - she saw walked into our room as Stu was dressing and all he had on so far was his underwear.  She was right at eye level with his pelvis and peered closely asking, "Daddy, why do you have a toy in your underwear?" as she poked at what she thought was a toy.

A few months ago, one of the two older kids asked if they could have a drink of my Diet Pepsi.  I said they could not because it was a drink for adults (my kids have never had caffeinated drinks yet; not sure yet when we'll allow that).  Max authoritatively explained to the younger two, "Oh yes.  That's the kind of drink you cannot have until you are 21".  I had to explain the difference between pop, caffeine, and alcohol then.

Yesterday morning, Max excitedly told me that he couldn't wait to play with his new friend, Mallory, at Kindergarten that day.  He thought it was very neat that she knew of the movie, "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel".  I asked if Mallory liked the movie and he responded, 'Yes!  AND she saw the movie "Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid!"'  I had to explain the difference between mushy poop and a journal.

Comments

LOL. That last one is awesome. :)
Nikki and Bryan said…
Haha the wimpy kid one was cute... what on earth did Stu say in response to Ryann's question and poke???? LOL!!

Popular Posts