Mid-September Snippets

Lately, Adam has been yelling out "underpants" like he's got Tourettes or something.  Max and Ryann think it's hilarious, especially if it occurs during dinner.  Adam's also regressed a little with potty training.  He had been nearly perfect for a while there and in the past week, he's had several accidents, mostly of the poopy variety unfortunately.  Rags has also had two accidents in the past two weeks but each of them were close to the back door.  I think both of them are nearing 100% potty training and are at that stage where they need to let go of that last little bit of hesitation with leaving baby-dom and understanding how to stop what they're doing and ask to go to the proper pottying area.

Ryann said to me the other day (out of the blue): Know what I'm wishing?  I responded, What?  She said, That all our friends in the neighborhood and the world, even our Chinese friends, would come over and we could have a family party!  I'm not really sure why she thinks we have Chinese friends but....ok...

Max was looking at the lid of the Market Pantry yogurt he was eating along with his supper tonight and explained to his siblings and me (Stu was at a football meeting), that if you can't read something, you can look at the picture on it and it's called a "Read-See".  This helps you to understand what the words say even if you can't quite read them.  The Market Pantry logo has a rooster on it.  So Max says, "For example, this lid has a rooster on it that looks like it's saying 'This yogurt is tasty and has a good price' and then right here it says 'Tasty Food.  Tasty Price.'"  I'm impressed that he gleaned that much from a rooster's facial expression.

One more Max story: Again, we were assembled at the table eating supper and I don't remember what the topic was - probably something about underpants and I asked the kids to change the subject.  Specifically, I asked Max, "So can you tell us anything else you did at Kindergarten today?"  He quickly responded, "I tooted!"  I said, "Oh Max, please, we're trying to change the subject." "No really, I did.  But I said 'excuse me'.  Another kid in class tooted and he didn't say 'excuse me'".  Well, I guess at least my gassy kid is the one with the better manners...

Comments

You are blessed with a child with good manners -- even if he is gassy. lol.

Popular Posts