I'm a GOOD MOM Monday!

Sometimes it's hard to make choices for the little beings you've brought into the world.  You want to do what's best for them and you also (at least I do) have a little, selfish part of you that wants what is going to work for you, too.

This weekend, Max suddenly fell ill just before we were going to leave for his daddy's big playoff football game.  I have to admit, I was bummed that we were going to miss it and relieved I didn't have to drag three kids, two of whom were reluctant to go, to a 2.5 hour football game in 40 degree weather.  We took the opportunity to snuggle in mommy and daddy's bed and watch HGTV together.

Max was still sick yesterday but woke up this morning with no fever and feeling ok.  Max said he felt a little "slow".  My first instinct was to get his hide to school because I work from home on Mondays and wanted to be as productive as possible.  So I asked him if he felt well enough to go to school.  He wasn't sure so I told him if he stayed home, he'd have to spend at least half the day resting and reading or whatever in bed.  Then I felt guilty thinking I'd made staying home sound "bad" so I asked Max 857 times if he felt ok and wouldn't he like to stay home and rest for one more day and did he know that if he did go to school and felt unwell, he could go to the nurse and I'd come get him.  After eating breakfast and waking up a bit, Max was insistent that he wanted to go to school.  OK!  Plans were in place...

...Ryann and Max trooped out to the bus stop which is kitty corner from our front yard.  Adam and I drove up alongside them to wait for the bus.  Max knocked on my window (scaring the bejeezers out of me) and said he had to go to the bathroom really badly.  Now he was likely going to miss the bus and I'd have to drive him to school and I'd be logging in to work late.  But when somebody's got to go, they've GOT TO GO!  So I told him to look for cars and run home and I turned the van around and unlocked the door for him.  I asked Ryann if she wanted to ride the bus or come with us to school and she chose to come with us.  I got the kids dropped off at school, Adam dropped off at daycare, and was logged in to work at 8:00, only a half hour later than usual!

Please share some of the good choices you've made as a GOOD MOM!  Don't make me look like a lonely bragger in the blogosphere ;)

Comments

Heather said…
Good job mom! I have to admit, I have been a little short this week, but I did let E have pizza for breakfast! He was in heaven. Food is just food whenever you eat it right?

Popular Posts