More News and a Car Conversation

Buzz's new glasses came in and they're pretty darn cute.  I don't think the "line" for the bifocals is glaringly obvious, do you?




Life just wouldn't be complete at the Stewart household without an added bit of craziness so my latest endeavor is doggie fostering!  I thought and thought about it - I think I'd like a second, smaller dog but I'm not 100% certain.  I love to take photos and write.  Fostering dogs who need a new, forever home is the perfect gig for me!  So I got in touch with Luv on a Leash, filled out an application, and was approved to foster a dog.  About a week later, Lady was dropped off with her collar, leash, food, and kennel (no cost on our part which is perfect!).  She's a beautiful dog with a wonderful, easygoing (for a 1.5 year old "puppy") personality so I don't think she'll be with us for long.  Let me know if you're interested in meeting her and I can let Luv on a Leash know!  Behold her beauty:
















The kids, especially Ryann of course, are smitten with her.  But they do understand that we are only fostering Lady and she will not live here forever.  We'll see how that goes when a family comes to take her home...

Now, on to a recent car conversation between Max and me on our way to baseball.

Max: Mom, you have arm fat in the back of your arms.
Me: Oh yeah?  Well, that's ok.  We all need a little fat for energy, right?
Max: No.  I have muscle for my energy.  Anyway kids can't get fat.
Me: Oh sure they could if they didn't eat properly and didn't exercise enough.
Max: Well, I don't think kids can get fat because they play so much but I guess you're right, Mom, if they didn't eat the right food and were lazy, kids could get fat.

Moral of the story - I have arm fat, even at the lowest weight I've been in many years.  Embrace your arm fat! Carpe di armfat!

Comments

oneL65 said…
I wondered if you would mind sharing what camera you are using? Your photo lighting is awesome! I'm looking for a new one and can't decide.
Sheri said…
Thank you for the nice compliment on my lighting!! I use a Sony Alpha 55 right now. I've had it for about 18 months and really like it. I would have e-mailed you my response but your blogger profile is not public so I can't respond directly to you. Hopefully you come back to check for your answer here.

Part of the reason my lighting looks nice is that I have a 50 mm lens I often use that can close down to an aperture of 1.4 so even in low light, I can get some good shots.

Good luck choosing a camera!!

Sheri

Popular Posts