Let the Madness Begin! (and continue)

And so football season commences.  Max participated in the Youth Football Camp the senior high Panther players put on for the school age kids:



On the final day of camp, Stu brought both Ryann and Max along and Adam and I met up with them later:

Adam arriving at Camp

Ryann checking out the neat drinking fountain for the players
Stu and I sometimes call Adam "Buzz" when we're trying to be lighthearted about his hijinks.  It helps us stay sane.  Today, Buzz tumbled down nearly the entire flight of stairs to the basement and landed squarely on his nose.  Whichever toy he landed on when he reached the bottom left a distinct imprint on his proboscis:
Poor Buzz - the red mark nearest to his hairline is actually a mosquito bite.  And can you see how bent the nosepads on his glasses are?  We had to go to the backup glasses until we can take Adam in to have these puppies adjusted.
Tonight, at dinner, Stu suggested that we all share one thing we were thankful for.  When asked, Max responded, "Food", Adam responded, "Going to church", Dad responded, "That we get so much time together to spend as a family" (typical as of late, Max had to dispute the claim and debate about what Stu had said, complaining - "Our family of five people is only together on weekends!"  Stu and I disagreed and I think we won the debate).  I explained that it was hard to pick just one thing to share but I finally decided on, "I'm glad that when Adam fell down the stairs he didn't break a bone, or his skin and need a cast or stitches."  Ryann responded, "I'm thankful for me" (also typical for her as of late):
But I don't want to make too much fun of her.  I would love to be this satisfied with myself and life:
Adam's admiring her carefree spin
We took the kids to Culver's today to get them some ice cream.  Ryann had earned a free scoop through the Ramsey County Library for her exceptional efforts at reading this summer.  I must say, they gave away some nice gifts for their reading program this year - water bottles, Culver's ice cream, tickets to the State Fair, and tickets to the Water Park of America.

I teased Max that he loved his treat so much, he was crying ice cream tears.  When I showed him the photo on the back of the camera, he didn't get it.  Does anyone else see it?
Only one more week until I become a full-time Football Widow and I'm trying to make the most of it!

Comments

Love your photos! Looks like a busy weekend. And poor Adam!

Popular Posts