My 200th Post includes Adam's Third Birthday!!

Even though it was a rainy, dreary, miserable day on Saturday; Adam had a fantabulous third birthday!  And Sunday ended up being just gorgeous so Dad and the kids got down and dirty, getting the new raised garden bed ready for some veggies this year!  We're also going to try to add some strawberries to the mix.  While I was waiting for the computer to boot up, I was reviewing "Guide to Minnesota Vegetable Gardening" and I'm probably planting some of our veggies too late but, oh well, each year is a new adventure to see what we end up with.  Even though my thumbs are far from green, I seem to have little trouble producing green beans and tomatoes.  And I love me some green beans and tomatoes so I'm fine with that crop!  Here are a few pictures from Adam's birthday and then I have some funny stories to share:



Grandpa Tom, Granny Carol, Great Grandma Conrad, Grammie, Mommy, Daddy, Max, Grandma Stu, Ryann, and the B-day boy Adam (Uncle Pat had visited earlier in the day prior to going to work)

Waiting patiently to blow out the candles on his cake!

Stu decorated the cake with chocolate chips saying "Happy :-) 3rd Adam"






And now for the saved up snippets from the fridge:

During lunch on Sunday, Stu and I asked the kids how Sunday School was.  Max said they "did a play" during his class and he didn't like the part he was given.  We asked what part he played and he said, "I was the guy with the lion disease....er the leopard disease...."  I asked, "Did you have leprosy?!"  "Yeah, Mom, that was it!  I didn't want to be the guy with leprosy."  Yes, honey, no one really does.

Sunday was Adam's official third birthday.  I still can't believe how his labor went, three years (and nearly 36 or so hours) ago now.  My due date was two days away but I had been contracting, put on bed rest for a week, and dilating like a madwoman for three weeks.  I was 5 centimeters dilated and had yet to go into full blown labor.  It was a work day and I went for my regularly scheduled OB appointment around lunch time.  My OB generously stripped my membranes for me and I returned to work, contracting regularly but painlessly.  I don't think I told Deanna and Robb when we picked up the kids because I didn't want to jinx it.  I continued to contract regularly, but painlessly through a walk to the park, dinner, relaxing on the couch and watching the nine o'clock news.  Then, Stu and I crawled into bed and it was like labor in a movie.  I went from having completely painless contractions to launching out of bed at about 9:30 and saying to Stu, "It's time to go to the hospital right now!"  I'd had one contraction that didn't hurt and the next one hurt like I was about to deliver.  I had to go to the bathroom really bad and spent what seemed like an hour on the toilet, during which I panted into the phone to the nurse at the hospital that I was 5 centimeters earlier that day and was in labor with my third child.  She told me to get my hiney over there, that they'd have a bed ready.  I honestly have no idea what on earth took us so long but I think Stu had to finish packing and we had to wait for my mom to arrive but by the time we got to the hospital, which is 10 minutes from our house, it was 11:00 pm.  For some reason, I could not stop peeing.  As soon as we got in a room, I told the nurse I had to go to the bathroom.  I'm sure she could tell Adam's birth was imminent because she asked, "You don't feel like you have to have a BM, do you?"  She didn't want poor Adam to be birthed into a toilet bowl.  I assured her I was just going to pee.  I got into the bed and was checked and was at 9 centimeters.  It was too late for an epidural but the nice nurses humored me and tried to fill out the paperwork faster than Adam was coming.  He was born at something like 11:23.  Yeah.....no time for an epidural.

Anywho, I digress.  What I started out to write was that per our family tradition, Adam was allowed to choose what we had for dinner on Sunday night.  He chose "noodles with white sauce" (fettuccine alfredo).  He was happily eating away when suddenly he pronounced, "This tastes wike bugers".  I asked, "Did you say 'This tastes like boogers'?"  When he confirmed my suspicion, I said, "Ew, that's yucky."  But Adam responded, "No, I wike it!"  I don't even want to know, I really don't....

Ryann had her first homework assignment this weekend.  For Monday, she was to go to preschool having thought of two important safety rules.  Hers were:

1. Never stand on a chair with wheels (now that's just smart thinkin' there)
2. Never think about going into a house that's on fire (don't even THINK about it)

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
Haha on the boogers comment.. Looks like a fun birthday. I'm sorry I missed it
LOL. Adam is hilarious, and Ryann is brilliant. I have once made the mistake of standing on a chair with wheels. It didn't end well.

FWIW, I have not planted my gardens yet! I just prepped one raised bed over the weekend, but nothing is planted yet. This spring was awful!

Popular Posts