Here Comes the Sun, da, da, da, da, daaa!

My absolute favorite, favorite, beloved time of year is Summer!  And it has finally started to warm up around these all-too-snowy parts which is getting me really excited for SUMMER!  Minnesota is funny.  We got to get out and do some yard work and play outside this weekend because it was warming up.  But it's not really warm per se, so our kids have to dress like this:

Note the strange hybrid of spring jackets and winter hats
When I posted last, and shared pictures of the hawk eating the bunny, I forgot to tell the hilarious story that went along with it.  While Max leaned on his elbows staring out the window, delighting in the live Discovery Channel action going on, he noted that the bird was ripping tufts of fur from the bunny and flinging it into the yard nearby.  He remarked, "Boy is Deanna lucky."  I asked why he thought she was lucky because I was more thinking that it was too bad she was going to have to clean up all that bunny fur from her yard.  Max quickly set me straight, "She can make a pil-low!"  He would have said "duh" if he used that expression.

I took Adam to see Dr. B. yesterday for one last checkup on his right eye before his operation next Monday morning on his left eye.  Dr. B. was so excited for us.  He reported that Adam can see 20/50 out of his right eye now!  I was so happy.  I did ask, though, if Adam would ever see 20/20 and Dr. B. assured me that is the plan.  As his brain develops and we're able to better nail down his eyeglasses prescription, he'll see just like I do (terribly without glasses and perfectly with glasses or contacts). I asked again about Adam being able to wear contacts someday and Dr. B. explained that Adam could wear contacts when he's old enough and if bifocal contact technology is better by that time, that's all he'd need.  But as of today, bifocal contact technology is not ideal so he'd still have to wear "cheaters" for close up reading and things like that.

Adam will have his pre-op appointment with his pediatrician this Friday morning and then Stu, Adam, and I will be making the trip to the hospital bright and early Monday morning.  We need to be there at 5:30 a.m. and Adam's procedure is scheduled to begin at 7:30.  I had no idea what to expect regarding his thoughts on doing this all over again but I was blown away but what we've been seeing.  Adam is nothing less than ecstatic with anticipation.  He asks several times a week when his appointment is to have the "cwoud" removed from his eye.  He understands that he will have to wear the shield (patch) over his operated eye and his armbands when sleeping for several days (two weeks) and doesn't mind a bit.  This child is truly incredible.

The little guy is not even three years old yet and he has the most amazing vocabulary and grasp of his little world.  The other night, he came to ask me to help him search for his "bwue bwankie" (his lovey - Blue Blankie) in his bed.  I rummaged around in the covers and slightly exasperated said, "Adam, where is that blue blankie?"  He responded, "I don' know; it was hewe a minute ago!"  I told Deanna about this funny exchange this morning, while dropping the kids off.  She shared a similar story about H, a four year old boy who she watches a couple days a week.  While the kids were eating lunch at her table together, she noticed that Adam had two big pieces of food stuck near the neck of his shirt.  She teasingly asked, "What are you doing Adam? Saving that food for later?"  She said H burst out laughing and said, "That was a good one, Deanna!"  Then Deanna said the "whole table started to laugh".  Adam was listening to us exchange these stories and as we laughed, he got a thoughtful look on his face and then smiled and announced, "The tabew (table) doesn't have a face, but it was twying to waff (laugh)"  Which only made Deanna and I laugh even harder.

Finally, I must share that Adam really enjoyed the chocolate dessert treat Stu whipped up for us the other day:

Comments

Popular Posts