Stewart Family Potty Training; Day 17-18

Last night I unleashed the "kiss of death" by posing to my mother, "Do you think Rags might actually be housetrained?!  He hasn't had an accident in the house since June 30th and when I ask him if he needs to go outside, he barks and sometimes even moves his body toward the back door a little bit."  She answered, "Yes!  It sounds like he's finally getting it."  Approximately 45 minutes later, Rags peed right between the couch and the coffee table, right in front of us.  Stu and I yelled in unison, "NO RAGS!" and he leapt like a scalded cat and stopped peeing.  I rushed him outside and when he finished peeing outside, I praised him with, "Good outside!"  Hrmph....maybe now that he's starting to get it and got caught again, he really will GET IT!

This morning, Adam started to go poopie and Stu quickly said, "Wait!  Let's go on the potty!"  Adam left a tiny nugget in the potty chair and was so proud.  We encouraged him to wait on the potty in case there was more coming but he just couldn't do it....10 minutes later, his training undies suddenly contained a stinky outcropping from the rear.  Sigh...I know he'll get it eventually. 

Comments

I hope Rags has been good since he was busted. :)

Popular Posts