Sunday Snippets

It's been busy, busy, busy around our house lately so I've got some Snippets built up to share!

First, an update on Rags.  I am hoping against hope that we are making progress on the potty training front.  He has not had an accident since Friday night.  And the accident on Friday night, I'm chalking up to an upset stomach.  It went like this: Rags was gated in the kitchen while Stu and I relaxed on the couch a little after having just gotten the kids to bed.  I'd just walked Rags around the front yard to ensure I saw him do his business and lavished him with praise.  Rags was whining near the gate and this whine sounded more urgent than the typical minute or so of whining he does to let us know he's sad he has to be in the kitchen when Stu and I are in the living room.  I went to check on him to make sure he wasn't pottying on the floor.  I immediately saw a little pee puddle and took note of the fact that he was in the back-arched, tail-raised pooing position.  I had had enough!  I leaped over the gate and yanked him five feet into the air by the scruff of his neck and yelled, "We do NOT POOP in the house!!"  At the same time his body ascended and I screamed, a stream of diarrhea arced through the air and splashed across the kitchen floor.  I was stuck holding him in the air waiting for a break in the streaming poop so that I could properly grab hold of him and get him out to the backyard.  We eventually made it there and he finished pooping in the yard so I called from the garage, "Good boy, Ragsy-boy (which is what Adam refers to him as), that's right, we do our poo-poos outside.  Thatsa good boy!"  And then went back to clean up the kitchen.  Since then, no more accidents in the house.  Maybe the trauma I subjected him to got through his thick skull.


Next, I have to share what a gutter-minded grandchild I am.  I must admit that I snickered (silently) like a naughty schoolboy as my 85 year old grandma shared, over the phone, how excited she was that she'd had a pole installed in her and Grandpa's bedroom so Grandpa could more easily pull himself out of bed in the morning.  I had to bite my tongue not to suggest that she also invite some strippers over for some nice in-bed entertainment for Grandpa.  She detailed for me that is was a "floor to ceiling pole"!!  Perfect!!

Finally, I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  Yesterday, I drove to my mom's with my Linder's gift certificate, card, and a bottle of wine to have a little afternoon celebration with her....had two glasses of wine and had to ask my mom to drive me home since I realized I was too intoxicated to drive.  Stu and the kids and I had to drop her off back at her house on our way to Stu's mom's house to celebrate mother's day with her.  Then, we got to meet my mother-in-law's new miniature dachsund puppy, Sam.  The goldarn thing was so cute, I couldn't stop giggling (or maybe that was still the wine?).  He only weighs TWO POUNDS!  Ryann could not put him down.



Even Max wanted to hold him and he's not a huge dog-fan like Ryann and I are.  Adam accidentally stepped on him and when it made a neat squeaking sound, he tried to stomp it again.  Nice kid....

Today, I received a book called, "Just Let Me Lie Down", and a singing card from the kids.  We went to church and then took the kids downtown (St. Paul) to go to McDonald's and the Children's Museum (moms got in free today).  We had lots of fun and a few stressful moments.  Stu and I crabbed at each other trying to remember where the parking ramp was and Adam took a little swim in the water table, earning Stu and I some dirty looks and a suggestion to "give him a little drink since he drank some of that chlorinated water" from a grandmotherly type.

Here's Adam pre-dunk:



Here are two pictures from our excursion that crack me up!  Apparently my kids have a hard time with keeping their heads and facial expressions on straight:



One week from yesterday, our baby boy will turn two years old.  Stay tuned for party pics!!

Comments

Glad Rags is doing better with house training! :)

Your kids crack me up. It sounds like you all had a really nice weekend!

Popular Posts