Old Fashioned gal...or maybe just getting old?

Lately, I've been semi-seriously considering changing over my entire work wardrobe from mostly slacks and tops and a few dresses and skirts to all dresses.  I have some really cute dresses that hide my womanly imperfections that come naturally after having three children in less than four years.  These same dresses also seem to highlight my good points.  I can still manage a perky rack with the right bra and my legs are pretty killer from the mid-thigh down.  I have been able to find dresses that don't need to be ironed and can be washed at home and don't need to be dry-cleaned.  When I plan my work outfit the night before and choose a dress for the next day, I get a little excited about the fact that I just have to put on one article of outer clothing and I don't have to worry about matching a top, slacks, socks, shoes, AND accessories.  I just have to accessorize and choose shoes (and maybe nylons and a slip, depending on the dress).  So, I've been ruminating on this and while I've been considering the wardrobe change, I've also been a little introspective about all this.  Am I feeling this way about clothes because I'm getting old?  Because deep down in my secret heart, I'm a little old-fashioned and sometimes wish I'd been a 1950's housewife? 


Or, am I just trying to save time in the morning (read: I'm lazy)?

Comments

I think you're brilliant. I've been in the mood for dresses lately too. Is it age or perhaps just a change of seasons? Or maybe it's just that we want to feel pretty. Dresses make me feel more dressed up than just slacks and a sweater.
Jenna said…
oh my gosh im the same way!! always have said i wish i was born in that time and could stay home, have babies and cook and clean all day :)but the grass is always greener on the other side!
im starting to love dresses more too...but these days they are way too darn short! hard to find a good-length dress. my legs are way too long for most dresses out there right now!

Popular Posts