Thank God for small children

I had a serious "case of the Mondays" today. Last night, my work laptop contracted a virus. I immediately contacted the IS Helpdesk at work and they ran a scan and said it would be ok to use the laptop the next day (today) so that I could telecommute. I tried booting up the computer at about 6:30 this morning and got the "blue screen of death" and it shut itself down. Sigh. I pulled on some work pants and got the kids to daycare and myself to work on time. Only to sit and wait for the IS service center to open at 9:00. Then, I spent the time from 9:00 until 2:00 cleaning my cube, reading a suggested book our managers had purchased for us a year ago (yes, I finished the entire book), running to get my husband a last minute birthday gift, eating my lunch, and staring aimlessly around my cubicle. Finally, my laptop had been baselined and I got to spend about 15 minutes starting to get things back to normal (mapping drives, mapping printers, reloading programs I need) and then I had to run to preschool to pick Max up and bring him to daycare. I thought I'd have an hour at home to get things back in order before I went to pick up the kids and do the nighttime routine myself since Stu had a weighlifting meet tonight. No such luck. My laptop would not connect to the wireless router. I tried to fix the problem myself and succeeded in messing up my Internet connection to the house computer as well. After an hour on the phone with the cable company, the problem was fixed and it was time to haul butt to daycare to pick the kids up. Though I'm trying hard to count calories and get some exercise every day, I totally fell off the wagon after being so stressed all day and took the kids through the McDonald's drive-thru. And I didn't order a salad...

I was so frazzled my stomach was in knots but about halfway through dinner, I was laughing and completely soothed. All three of my kids were such a riot tonight, I couldn't be upset anymore. First of all, Adam (remember now, he's not even two yet) was backseat-driving on the way to McDonald's. He was announcing, while looking out the window, "Mommy, wook-it, wook-it, twees!!" Translation: Mommy, look-it, look-it, trees! After I rounded a corner a little briskly and a sippy cup flew across the back of the van, "Mommy, cawefuw, cawefuw" (in a very stern tone) Translation: Mommy, careful, careful. And then, and I swear he was talking about the traffic light, "Mommy, dot, dot, go!" Translation (at least this is what I think he was saying): Mommy, green light, green light, go!

Max was in the tub and Ryann came in and asked if she could open the media cabinet and choose a movie to watch that night. Max piped up from in the tub rather bossily, "Ryann, make sure you pick "Pooh's Grand Adventure"'. I gritted my teeth and waited for the inevitable argument about which movie to watch but instead Ryann got this terribly serious, adult look on her face and nodded her head up and down vigorously answering, "Oh, yes, I know, that's the one I was thinking about." You kind of had to be there for that one and seen her face and heard her voice. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Finally, Deanna (the kid's daycare provider) called me a little while ago to relay the conversation Max and her husband, Robb, shared while Robb was driving Max to preschool today:

Robb: So Max, what are you going to do this summer?
Max: Sit on your head.
Max: Robb, my dad is funnier than you are.
Robb: Huh. I don't know about that; I'm pretty funny.
Max: Hmmm, I think I'll have a party this summer and invite you over. Then, you and my dad are going to wrestle and he's going to beat you.
Robb: Oh, I bet we'd put on a pretty good show for you. And how about your mom? Is she going to wrestle, too?
Max: (groaning) Oooh, my mom...you gotta watch out for her. She'll punchya right in the eye. And then it'll fall outta your head.

Dang! I guess Stu and I could take the whole neighborhood in a "Last Comic Standing/WWE" throwdown.

Comments

Oh! Ladders and chairs match!!
LOL.

Your kids are so funny. They are the sweetest kids too.

Popular Posts