Saved up Snippets

I try to jot down cute things that happen that I'd like to share on my blog.  The closest thing at hand in our house is our fridge calendar.  I've been saving this torn-off page from the fridge calendar for more than a week now.  I'd better get these stories on here so I can throw this random page away before we host Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house in a few days!


A few weeks ago, I served cooked broccoli as well as apple slices as sides with our evening meal.  Adam was busy shoveling his dinner into his face (typical) and keeping a close eye on what his brother and sister were doing (most likely fooling around rather than shoveling their food into their mouths).  He kept mechanically picking up an apple slice, taking a bite and then setting it down again.  I noticed that he reached for the apple slice but grabbed a piece of the cooked broccoli instead.  I watched, with interest, as his hand moved slowly toward his mouth and his eyes remained glued on his siblings.  He actually plunked the piece of broccoli into his mouth and chewed a couple times before a look of horror came over his face and he spat the green stuff out onto his plate.  He then made the most offended face you can imagine.  His face made it seem like someone had played a mean trick on him on purpose.  I laughed out loud.


Hmmm, my cryptic note to myself says, "Ryann showing inside of nostril".  I only vaguely remember her feeling she needed to show me the inside of her nostril but now I don't remember the whole story.  Darn.  I'm sure it was hilarious.


Last week, I applied an acne mask to my face as Stu was getting the kids settled for bed.  He then informed me they all wanted me to come and give them a kiss goodnight.  I was worried that I would startle them all with my ghostly-white face.  Adam didn't seem bothered but both Max and Ryann asked me what was on my face.  I explained to them both that it was a "mask" to help get rid of my pimples.  The next morning, I was in the bathroom brusing my teeth when Ryann woke up and came out of her room.  She stumbled to the bathroom, still rubbing her eyes and yawning but managed to ask, "Mom, are your pimples gone?"  I wonder if she thought about my pimples all night?

Comments

Popular Posts