Another chapter in my soap opera life

My adventure last night is going to be chalked up as a good chapter in my soap opera life.  Last night I attended, along with my friend Kelly, a Christmas wine and dessert party at a fellow blogger's house!!  I have never before met someone from the Internet IRL (in real life) before.  Growing up, I was counseled to never even to think about doing something like this.  But I'm an old lady now (30) so I can make these kinds of life choices without the niggling voice of my mother in the back of my head warning me it may be a bad choice (ok, the niggling voice is there but if I don't have a gut intuition that it might be bad, I ignore the niggler now).  Everything turned out splendidly.  Kelly and I had great conversation during the hour trip there and the 45 minute trip back (we missed a turn on the way there and had to backtrack after a quick stop at McDonald's since I was famished and didn't want to drink wine on an empty stomach).  I brought a variety of cheesecake to share and Kelly brought some nummy Barefoot wine (which, sadly, was never opened as the opener stripped the cork).  There must have been at least 50 people at this open house party througout the hours we attended.  Kelly and I met a few new people and got to have live, real-life conversation with Jennifer and her husband, Israel.  Now, this story gets even more soap opera-y as I had discovered after following Jennifer's blog for a while that...get ready for this trail of coincidences....my good friend from college's younger sister dated Jennifer's husband all through high school.  What a small world, right?!  I was so excited to share this news with Israel when I got to meet him face to face.  Jennifer and Israel were very kind to open their house to a bunch of strangers so we could all see each other in the flesh.  And I'm grateful to them for another chapter in the Sheri Stewart Soap.

Comments

Popular Posts