Mother's Day 2012

This year, I celebrated the mothers in my life on one day and being a mom on another. 

The day I honored my mom and grandmother on my mom's side, we also celebrated my aunt's birthday.  We had lunch together at my grandma's new townhouse on Forest Lake.  We passed our Stewart family heart around the table and took turns telling each other things we loved and admired about each person there.  A kind neighbor took a photo of us after she saw us scrambling, trying to create a makeshift tripod so I could set the timer and be in the shot.



The next day, I celebrated my own mother-hood with my brood.

Stu had taken the kids to choose gifts for me.

Adam got me an orange-scented candle:

Ryann chose hot pink, bejeweled flip-flops:

And Max and Dad made me peanut butter cup bars:


They all know me so well :)

At Sunday School on Mother's Day, I planned (borrowed) a cute idea for each of the kids to answer questions about their mom's.  Here are Ryann's answers about me:

According to Ryann, I should be lying in a flowered mu-mu on the couch eating bon-bons all day ;)

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day this year!

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
Do you talk about visiting enough that she would come up with that answer on her own? Awwww

Popular Posts