First day of first grade and other stuff

Max was launched into the world of all-day school this morning at 7:13 a.m. He was so excited and when he returned home, he said the day was great. Stu had packed an apple in his lunch but Max planned to give it to his teacher, David. I hear that David graciously accepted, and even ate the apple, but apparently used it as a teaching moment to inform Max that not all teachers necessarily like apples. I'd called Max from work to hear how his day went and as I continued to press him for details, he grew increasingly restive and finally, apologetically said, "Mom? Can we talk about this later? Now's not really a good time?" Apparently Deanna was serving snack. Since Max had football tonight, I still haven't heard many details but that's ok. I remember from last year that eventually, I'll piece things together.

Now, the next hurdle is getting Ryann off to her first day of half-day Kindergarten tomorrow. Up until today, she was very excited. Suddenly, she announced that she's very nervous. A girl after my own heart. Hopefully Stu and I can teach her some skills now so she doesn't grow into a nervous-nelly like her old Ma.

Speaking of old, I turned 32 today. I got cards, cookies, well wishes, candy, a dog, amazon.com gift cards, an iPad, phone calls, a cement piece with colored glass decorations and my kids' handprints made by the kids and Deanna, singing...I'm a well-loved and blessed woman. Thank you to all my fabulous friends and family

Comments

awwww Happy belated birthday! I tried to find you yesterday to give you birthday greetings, but you were MIA. ;)

I hope Ryann has a great day!! Can't wait to hear an update.

Popular Posts