Car Conversations Continued

We had more fascinating conversation in the car today!

It all started when we were on our way to Target.  The song "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes came on the radio and.....

Ryann: Is this the "radio" song?

Me: Yes

Ryann: Oh, I thought so.  I thought that Hank and Willy were telling me their dad was on the radio but they were talking about this song.

Ryann: You know that kid who lives across the street from Deanna?  He has a dog and he brought it over once and Hank got really scared.

Me: Is it a big dog or a little dog?

Ryann and Max: A little dog

Me: Oh, that's right.  Hank's really scared of dogs, huh?

Ryann and Max and Adam: Yeah!

Shortly thereafter we arrived at Target and did some quick essentials shopping (I swear, I didn't buy anything we didn't need this trip!)

On the way home from Target, the Stewart Snippets' minds worked like this:

Max rekindled conversation by asking (re: his VERY loose, dangling tooth which he will not let anyone pull out): Why does the dentist have to pull my tooth out?

Me: Well, I don't know if they will pull it out.

Max: Well if they don't pull it out before they clean my teeth, it will just fall out.

Me:  That would be ok.  That sucker is so loose, it really needs to come out.  I don't know what they'll do; we'll find out when we get there.

Ryann: The tooth fairy is sleeping right now.

Me: Because she's up all night, you mean?  She's sleeping right now?

Ryann: No, Mom! (exasperated)....because she's nocturnal!

Me: Right, that's what I said.

Max: You know Santa could die, right?

Me: Oh really?  Oh no!

Max: Did you know I used to think it was called "Poke-ee-mon" but now I know it's "Poke-eh-mon"?  And did you know there's only one Pokemon who can do two evolves?

Me: (I have no idea what "evolves" are but I go with it...)  Oh yeah?  Which one?

Max: Pikachu!  He turns into Rakachu.

Ryann: Ratachu!

Max: No!!  That's just a rat!  Rakachu is the evolvation of Pikachu.  And, Mom, did you know there are over 150 Pokemons and I know 150 of them?

Me: Really?  That's impressive.

Max: No it's not.  There really are 150.  (Not sure he understands the meaning of "impressive")

Adam: Mom?  What's in bones?

Me: Bone cells and marrow.

Adam: What's in bone mawow?

Me: Oooh...red blood cells.

Adam: Oh.  What's in red blood cells?

Me: Well, I think oxygen and carbon dioxide maybe, and nutrients?

The kids talked amongst themselves for a while and then...

Adam: I asked you about bones, Mom (very proudly)!  I thought about what to talk to you about and I decided 'bones'.

Ryann: I talk in my dreams a lot.  Once I dreamt I was peeing and it really felt like I was peeing but I really wasn't.

Adam: Mom...blue blankie would like to talk to you now (in baby talk but I won't type it that way to avoid confusion.  Rest assured, it sounded adorable).

Me: What would blue blankie like to talk about?

Adam (immediately): Babysitters.

Me: Who's blue blankies favorite babysitter?

Adam: Victoria!

Me: Victoria's going to come babysit you guys soon because Daddy and I are going to a friends' baby shower in Wisconsin.

Ryann: Where's Wisconsin?!  I wanna come!!

Max: How far away is it?

Me: About 3 hours?

Max: How many miles?

Me:  About 180.

Max: Which portion of Wisconsin is it in? 

Me: LaCrosse.  In the southwestern portion.

Max: Oh, well, then you'll have to travel northwest to get there.

Clearly we need to have more car conversations about direction.  And thankfully we arrived in the driveway so my brain and mouth could take a break from my very curious children.

Comments

amy pillsbury said…
Hilarious!
Abby said…
That was awesome!
Grammie Pammie said…
That was so fun! Adam tried to come up with a creative conversation too! LOL!!! Those kiddles are the best.....
LOL. I'm exhausted just reading that. ;)

Popular Posts