Heh-whoa Santa!

Today, we visited Santa at the Rosedale Mall after church.  We arrived at 10:00 and Santa was not scheduled to be there until 11:00.  Stu being the dutiful dad offered to wait in line.  We finally saw Santa at about 11:15.  I'd like to tell this story in Adam's words:

This morning, Mommy dressed me and Max in matching shirts.  Then, we started driving to church but stopped at a place where you can stick handles into the side of the van.  It smells funny there.  But Daddy didn't stick that handle in the van.  He went inside and bought COOKIES!  I asked for a cookie when he came out.  I said, "Cookie? Cookie? Cookie? Cookie?" over and over but Mommy and Daddy said I couldn't have one.  They were for Max's Sunday School class since he just turned 5.  Then Mommy and Daddy and Max dropped Ryann and me off at the church nursery.  The didn't give us any snack there, like they usually do, so I was hungry when Mommy and Daddy and Max picked us up some time later.  Finally, Daddy gave me one of those cookies in the van!!  Hooray!  I said, "Fank oo."  Daddy and Mommy had forgotten that Max didn't have Sunday School class today.  Then we drove to the big place where we walk and walk and walk and sometimes leave with bags.  We stood between these red, fuzzy, soft ropes for a while and then Mommy took Max and Ryann and I to this place where we had to take off our shoes and we got to crawl around on things that looked like rocks and trees and a bridge except they were squooshy feeling to me.  After that, Mommy took us to the bathroom and washed our hands and faces and fixed our hair.  Then we went back where Daddy was still standing between those red, fuzzy, soft ropes.  Mommy and Daddy got all excited suddenly when a big man all dressed in red with black boots came walking down the mall hallway.  Mommy started yelling, "Look, look, Santa!" and then Max and Ryann got excited too and waved.  So I figured I should wave too.  Then the big guy sat in a big chair and we walked slowly past the fuzzy red ropes.  We were getting closer to him and Mommy took me out of the stroller and held me and said, "Look, Adam, Santa!  Santa!"  I waved and said, "Heh-whoa"...but then something strange happened.  Mommy walked right up to that man and sat me in this lap!  She told me it would be ok because Ryann and Max would be with me but I didn't know that guy and I did NOT want to sit with him.  I was fine saying "Heh-whoa" from afar but I didn't know who he was!  Is Mommy crazy?!  I tried to be brave and I didn't cry but I tried to tell Mommy to PICK ME RIGHT BACK UP!  But she walked away from me and turned around and started chirping, "Say cheese Adam, smile buddy!"  No way Jose was I going to smile.  Eventually she came back and took me from the strange man and I was very happy.  Mommy was happy when she saw the photo evidence of her irresponsible parenting:


Comments

awwwww!!! They are SO cute!!!

Maybe we'll venture into a Santa picture next year. :)

Hope your Christmas was wonderful!!

Popular Posts