Deeeeelicious!

Quick! Drop whatever you're doing and make this immediately. You won't regret it:



Bow Ties With Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream



Ingredients:

2 tbs Olive oil

1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed, crumbed (we used 2 lbs. of ground, mild Italian sausage)

1/2 tsp Dried red pepper flakes

1/2 cup diced onion

3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 3 large dollops of the minced garlic in a jar I keep in my fridge)

1 can Italian plum tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped (Stu accidentally purchased stewed tomatoes with celery and green pepper and they actually worked great)

1.5 cups whipping cream

1/2 tsp salt

12 oz. bow tie pasta

3 tbs minced parsley (the recipe never calls for the parsley, I just tore it up in pieces and sprinkled it over the top just before serving)

Freshly grated parmesan cheese (I used my shaved Bella parmesan cheese that comes in a plastic tub)



Directions:

Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes (this took a little longer for me). Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender but firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain and combine with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve immediately.



This was lovely to have on a windy, chilly fall night and the kids even ate some of it! Actually, my kids love pasta with either red or white sauce and sometimes like sausage. So they did pretty well with this meal.



Now for a snippet from my wildly intelligent 4 and a half year old. Two nights ago at dinner, Max announced to Stu and I that he had a "hypothesis" about dinosaurs eating other, smaller dinosaurs. We were so blown away by this proclamation that I don't really remember the details of the hypothesis anymore.



I swear that Adam said "Rosko" tonight!! He pointed at a picture of Rosko and said, "Ah-oh"...now, this is VERY close to his favorite exclamation "Uh-oh" but this was slightly different and he was pointing to the picture of Rosko so I assert he was saying "Rosko".



Here's a cute picture to remind us of summer, which suddenly seems to be in our distant past:




Comments

That sounds delicious! I will definitely need to try that recipe out -- maybe this weekend.

awwww Adam saying Rosko is too cute! And that picture is adorable. :)

Popular Posts