Safe Families for Children in Minnesota

I am so excited to share information about a movement I just learned of tonight!  It's called "Safe Families for Children" of Minnesota.  This movement is spreading across the country and the globe.  My new(ish) church, Eagle Brook, is partnering with Safe Families and God is tugging at my heart to somehow be a part of this.  Since I just started praying about this a couple days ago when I learned about the partnership, I don't know what exactly it looks like yet but this blog post is a first step.


I truly believe that God has called me to care for those who need caring for.  He's created a desire in me to be hospitable and to love on babies and children and other (sometimes furry) beings who need to be cared for.  If you know me personally, you know we've opened our home many times for helpless animals in need :) 

Stu and I both love kids and pray daily for God to help us be a great dad and mom. And, by the grace of God, I believe we are pretty darn good parents!  I'd love to jump right in and be a host family for kids in need but I'm not sure how realistic that is yet....but we're praying about it.  In the interim, I want to at least spread the word about Safe Families because until last week, when Eagle Brook promo'ed their new partnership, I'd never heard of them.  Their mission and philosophy just makes good sense. They step in and provide a safe, temporary, Christian home for kids in need while the kids' parent(s) get things squared away in their life.  This aid is offered before and hopefully to prevent the need for foster care for these kids.  In order for this to work, all kinds of help is needed!  Donations of things like car seats and diapers can help, time and talent to organize and facilitate are needed, space to house donated items would help; the sky is the limit!  

Our country is in absolute tumult right now.  What better way to bring our communities together than to go back to our Christian roots of caring for the "widows and children"?  Through Safe Families, we can answer the call for help and give parents a break to get their lives in order, and a shoulder to lean on to get to a better place!

I urge you to click on the link above and read more about Safe Families.  Search your heart and see if there is a way you can help.  I don't know much about this yet but went to the informational meeting tonight so if you want to reach out to me, I can get in touch with Eagle Brook/Safe Families and we can learn more together!!

Comments

Popular Posts