Bad Basketball Mom

I have a horrible confession to make.  I usually love watching my kids play sports.  This season, I am not enjoying watching Max play basketball.  He's not very good.  And his team hasn't won a game yet this season.  In fact, they get pretty soundly crushed every game.








The thing is - Max LOVES it.  He is having fun.  He is not too bothered that his team is creamed every week.


He is excited to go to practice and his games each week but he has very little desire to improve.  So why should I be bothered??!  I feel really bad about my feelings.  I am blaming it on being a little mental from grieving.  It seems like this grief makes everything in my life right now that's a little bit bad, seem REALLY BAD. I was truly upset during Max's game this afternoon but when I came home, I was reading a book about what the Bible has to say about death, dying, and Heaven and I got to a part that talks about why we need to wait for God's timing to go to Heaven because God made us all for a special purpose here on earth.  I may wish that Max was more of a natural athlete or with a desire to improve his basketball game so it wouldn't be so painful to watch his games but God created Max exactly how he was meant to be.  And God blessed me with Max because I am the perfect mom for him.  So I am going to change my attitude and remember how blessed I am that I have a healthy, active son who can run up and down the court and who thinks losing at basketball is a highlight of his week.

Comments

Popular Posts