2013 Highlights

I went on my weekly walk with my friend, Cally, tonight and she had some excellent suggestions for getting Stewart Snippets caught back up.  Working off of her suggestions, here are the Snippets of what's been going on in our life for the past year or so:

- I decided that not only did I love volunteering for rescue organizations in all capacities but I wanted to take the plunge and start my very own small rescue.  I had a cute idea for a name and started to do my research.  In February, Diamonds in the Ruff was officially launched.  Since January, 2013 we've personally fostered 10 dogs and 2 kittens and found homes for 23 animals!
Shadow was my first Diamond in the Ruff, pulled from Lake Traverse area, S.D.

Ryann with one of the kittens from the second litter we had born in the care of Diamonds in the Ruff

- Max had a great time playing baseball in the spring and early summer.



- We took a trip to Disney World in June!

- We hosted a fun family picnic at our house for the 4th of July and then went to Central Park to watch awesome fireworks.




- Stu FINALLY got a motorcycle.
See the bike back there, behind the cute girl on her first day of second grade?
 - Max joined Ryann and Adam and now has glasses.


- All three kids were able to ride two-wheeled bikes this summer (Adam was the last to learn but the earliest learner of the bunch) and they each got a new bike.  I got a new bike, too, for the first time in probably 20 years.




- We spent an amazing week at my dad's cabin on Big Trout Lake.  We hope to spend more time there next summer since my dad is retiring this December after 35+ years as a Robotic Engineer!


- As usual, we had a very fun trip to the MN State Fair.

- Stu's team had a great run with a record of 7-4.  They lost a heartbreaker of a game in overtime to end their season (they would have been section champs, had they won).

- Adam had his annual checkup with Dr. B. and his eyes look amazing.  He can see well and everything looks physically healthy, too.

-  We got to see my sister's family a couple times this year and once, my niece and god-child, Sydney, spent the weekend with us.
Adam, Evelyn, Max, Ryann, Sydney


- Ryann started gymnastics in the fall and absolutely loves it.

- Adam is taking a karate/self-defense class and is learning some much needed self-control ;)

- Ryann took horseback riding lessons at Woodloch Stable again this summer and loves that, too (what little girl wouldn't?!).

- We had a pretty serious thunderstorm toward the end of the summer and got a new roof out of the deal.

- One "low-light": My mom was diagnosed with Mesothelioma in the fall of this year, though the highlight is that she is still alive and kicking and we all pray that's the case for many years to come!



And those are just the highlights (I know I've forgotten some) of the first ten months of the year!

Comments

Popular Posts