Adam Update!!

You can really see his IOLs when his eyes have been dilated for an exam!
Yesterday, Stu took Buzz to see Dr. B. at the U of M Children's Pediatric Ophthalmology Clinic (sidenote: We are choosing to donate $100 worth of what we made at our garage sale to this organization.  While Stu was there, he asked Dr. B. about donating and Dr. B. said they'd send some paperwork in the mail.  If we donate by credit card, the company I work for will match our donation!)

Buzz hasn't had a dilated exam in nearly a year and it was time.  According to Daddy, Buzz did great and according to Dr. B., Buzz's eyes look great!  He's now only seeing 20/50 so we got a new prescription.  This time for some reason (I wish I could have gone to the appointment so I could have asked), Buzz can't get the no-line bifocals; he needs to have the "lined" kind to help with his vision.  I'm assuming it's because he's at an age now where he might start learning to read and he needs to be sure to be looking through the "close up box" portion of his lenses for near vision and peering over the line for good distance vision.

Super-Dad Stu took all three kids to LensCrafters in the afternoon and Buzz picked out a new pair of frames.  Though Stu suggested another pair to him, he asserted, "I don't wook good in dose!  I wook good in dese!" So he got a new, brown pair of frames.  The lenses need to be sent out since I insist on anti-reflection so I can take copious amounts of photos of my bespectacled babes with no glare.  I'll post a pic or two when his glasses come in.

There is a small, icky part of my heart that is sad that Buzz needs to wear bifocals with a line in them.  It will call more attention to his glasses and I worry that people will think he looks "strange".  But most of me is jubilant that his vision is good and his physiology is healthy!

Comments

Grammie Pammie said…
He won't look "strange" - and think what a miraculous blessing the sweet angel can see - imagine him with a seeing eye dog or a white cane......gosh - he looks so old in that picture you posted of him without his glasses on! He is so handsome!! Sweet angel boy!!
Anonymous said…
No way will people think he looks strange because of the bifocals. He is SOOOoooo darn cute and his personality shines all around him. His inner beauty will outshine anything on the outside. I personally find the glasses just plain precious. :-)

Popular Posts